Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People Have No F***ING Respect!! (vent)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

One of our old aquaintences starts calling our phone at 3am - Waking me up. We ignore the calls and the texts. Then at 3:30am my door bell starts ringing off the hook. Woke me, dh and ds up. We ignore the first few rings, hoping whoever was there would just leave. Then after the 4th time I went down stairs to the door to see who it was - we figured it was the same person calling us - and it was. And he was high off his ass i think it was dust (thats why we cut him out of our lives - for being adust head) but im not sure, It was def something powerful enough to make him not think straight at all!! I blasted him, hes lucky i didnt hit him and call the cops.

It was snowing and he had no where to go and asked to stay till day break. OH HELL NO!! not my fault you decided to stay out in a snow storm and get high, then had no where to go - walk to a fucking mc donalds or dunkin donuts and sit there - dont disturb me and my family! ugh i wanted to fucking kill him. And this is the exact reason we stopped associating with his ass over 6 years ago!! Like seriously, how in the hell did you think it was a "good idea" to pull that shit and wake up a whole house hold.. and then think i would let you step foot inside my home! you must be out your damn mind.

Its such a shame to see people you knew and were friends with at one point deterioate, and waste away, lost to a life of drugs. We tried to help him at first before the baby was born, but he didnt want the help and it kept biting us in the ass every time. So we were left with the only option to cut him out of our lives. I do not need that shit around my kid. And pulling a stunt like last night, i wanted to just call the cops and get him locked up.

I mean i did feel bad to a degree. I part of me wanted to let him in out of the cold, but i have a family to worry about. If you are not in your right mind enough to think straight - to think it was a good idea to wake up people that havent spoken to you in a few years - at 3 am thinking it was cool, and that we would let you just hang out in our home - i cant trust you in my house.

idk - just frustrated and exhausted. Had to be out the door for work at 6am - and couldnt go back to sleep till 5. He wont do a rehab or meetings.. thats the only way i would be willing to help him - i woul dbe happy to try and get him in a nice facility to detox. But as far as letting him in my house with my kid, cracked out of his mind - not happening. 

Me and dh will open our home to any one of our friends, that need the help (we have our friends staying with us now, she lost her job and her apartment. She has a new job but needs a little time to save up ) but i cant allow a drug addict in my house and around my child. Anything can happen.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM
5 moms liked this

I would have called the cops when he was banging on the door, they would have given him a place to stay

sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you, OP.

Once you open that door, it is very hard to stop being a doormat for people who don't want help.

Sucks, but one cannot allow that around their children.

So sorry :(

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

You did the right thing. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's sad to see people you know just wasting away. My DH always wants to let friends stay with us when they have nowhere to go and usually I give in and say okay but we would never let anyone on drugs into our home or around our children. You were right to protect your family.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I agree with you!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I read a horrible news story about a couple that had a friend stay over and he'd gotten high and drunk and such...

during the night he raped (and that ended up killing) their 5 month old baby girl.

No... no one under the influence of ANYTHING needs to be in my home with my kids while I'm sleeping.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Like i cant help feeling a little guilty slamming the door in his face - in the texts he was begging and pleading that he was freezing. When i was screaming at him he looked stunned. But seriously. I have been locked out before when i was younger and lived with my mother, in the winter... maybe a little drunk (19-y/o) but never high. And i would never disturb anyone i knew for a place to stay. If they didnt answer once, that was it. This is the city, there are plenty of 24 hour places that are open. Theres a dunkin doughnuts and a micky d's that are open 24 hours - just a 20 min walk. He could have gone there if he was that cold. I just couldnt let him in my house. too many risks

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
i HATE when people just show up at my house. i will not open the door. it drives me nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I really didnt want to answer - but the bell is loud and ds was starting to wake up - he has school in the am -  we let it go for a few rings, but i started to get annoyed and had to answer. i dont think he would have stopped. Even after i slammed the door in his face he was still calling my phone and texting. I would have turned it off, but its my alarm for work

Quoting spooky415:

i HATE when people just show up at my house. i will not open the door. it drives me nuts.

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I would not have allowed him in either! You did the right thing in that respect. I also would have called the cops when he was ringing the door bell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)