Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'll feed this child whatever I want even though he has allergies"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Okay not really but My best friends ds is allergic to lots of food. Including Shellfish, fish, milk, soy milk ,wheat , and nuts ... anyone have any ideas of foods or what she can give him aside from chicken and veggies and fruit
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I think shes been looking for one and as far as milk goes shes been doing rice milk or something gross like that

Quoting NYChicago:

Poor baby! How about coconut milk? It's much healthier than cow's and soy anyway. Gluten free, vegan pizza? That must be so incredibly hard for her. Is there a nutritionist she can visit that deals with food allergies?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Quoting tlcory:

:) Good Luck! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Bahahahahhahahaha ill do it!!!!!!

Quoting tlcory:

I don't know but if you change your title to "I'll feed this child whatever I want even though he has allergies" you'll get alot of feedback! Lol

NYChicago
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You actually posted this! Too funny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
And she just told me his scoring for the allergy test showed low coconut so shes avoiding it

Quoting Anonymous:

I think shes been looking for one and as far as milk goes shes been doing rice milk or something gross like that

Quoting NYChicago:

Poor baby! How about coconut milk? It's much healthier than cow's and soy anyway. Gluten free, vegan pizza? That must be so incredibly hard for her. Is there a nutritionist she can visit that deals with food allergies?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Lol i thought it was a good idea hahahahaha

Quoting NYChicago:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You actually posted this! Too funny.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Breakfasts
Eggs
Gluten free, vegan waffles or pancakes
lunches cubed lunch meats and fruit
Dinners
What I said before.
Idk, I have several allergies and we avoid processed foods so I guess for me his diet wouldn't be difficult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes 2. Almost 3 and shes looking for more of a variety and not just chicken and veggies everyday for lunch and dinner ;

Quoting Kitschy:

Chicken, beef, veggies, and fruit. Isn't pretty much the basic toddler diet anyway?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Ill send her that list thanks!!!!!

Quoting Kitschy:

Breakfasts

Eggs

Gluten free, vegan waffles or pancakes

lunches cubed lunch meats and fruit

Dinners

What I said before.

Idk, I have several allergies and we avoid processed foods so I guess for me his diet wouldn't be difficult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes 2. Almost 3 and shes looking for more of a variety and not just chicken and veggies everyday for lunch and dinner ;

Quoting Kitschy:

Chicken, beef, veggies, and fruit. Isn't pretty much the basic toddler diet anyway?

Gezz3307
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM

My son was allergic to all those same things, but grew out of almost all of them. Is he allergic to eggs? If not that's always a quick easy meal. Cheese? There are lots of gluten free pastas and breads that are actually really good. I started eating them when I found out about my sons allergies! I always gave him rice milk, which also comes in chocolate. Betty Crocker even make some awesome gluten free chocolate chip cookies, cake and brownies box mixes. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Steak, potatos, rice? Other types of bread - rye, potato, spelt? Tomato based dishes?

cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Can he eat beef? What about rabbit? Duck? I know these sound a little strange but they may give him a few more choices. Can he eat rice? Oats?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)