Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'll feed this child whatever I want even though he has allergies"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Okay not really but My best friends ds is allergic to lots of food. Including Shellfish, fish, milk, soy milk ,wheat , and nuts ... anyone have any ideas of foods or what she can give him aside from chicken and veggies and fruit
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Replies (21-26):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

And she just told me his scoring for the allergy test showed low coconut so shes avoiding it

Quoting Anonymous:

I think shes been looking for one and as far as milk goes shes been doing rice milk or something gross like that

Quoting NYChicago:

Poor baby! How about coconut milk? It's much healthier than cow's and soy anyway. Gluten free, vegan pizza? That must be so incredibly hard for her. Is there a nutritionist she can visit that deals with food allergies?

My daughter has been drinking almond milk, since she's lactose intolerant, which I realize he can't have, but she is also going to try goats milk.  Can he have that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I cant imagine her preparing duck or rabbit. She could hardly do the Turkey at Thanksgiving as bad as that sounds lol

Quoting cmfarm:

Can he eat beef? What about rabbit? Duck? I know these sound a little strange but they may give him a few more choices. Can he eat rice? Oats?

RLT2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

How about looking into an online support group for Mothersof kid's with a lot of dietary restrictions? I'm sure she could find a ton of recipes in a forum like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Wow thats really helpful!!!! Ill send her this as well thank you!!

Quoting Gezz3307:

My son was allergic to all those same things, but grew out of almost all of them. Is he allergic to eggs? If not that's always a quick easy meal. Cheese? There are lots of gluten free pastas and breads that are actually really good. I started eating them when I found out about my sons allergies! I always gave him rice milk, which also comes in chocolate. Betty Crocker even make some awesome gluten free chocolate chip cookies, cake and brownies box mixes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Ill have her look into it!!!! I was trying to google for her but then figured i would get more on CM :) lol

Quoting RLT2:

How about looking into an online support group for Mothersof kid's with a lot of dietary restrictions? I'm sure she could find a ton of recipes in a forum like that.

bebcarroll
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Instead of milk- Rice milk or coconut milk...coconut is not a nut it is the fruit of a druepacious tree. Instead of fish/shellfish and chicken- pork, beef, beans and peas and rice together all have protein Instead of wheat- it is probably aq good idea to look at all the gluten free products that are out now and use those in place of their wheat containing counter parts... so rice pasta instead of the pasta she would normally serve,, rice crackers and gluten free bread We have similar limitations here and I just try to make what we would have eaten with basic substitution... and we eat a lot more rice and potatoes than we used to. I only serve wheat free to the one who cannot have it (he gets his own pans and butter and peanut butter too.) Gluten free is too expensive. I don't make fish or shell fish and we only eat our own baked goods. (So no bake sales or class treats, but people seem to forget when they put nuts in breads etc.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)