Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tips for the morning rush

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 20 Replies

if you are a working mom, how does the morning go

my morning consists of , waking up at 6:30am, waking my dd up to get dressed and ready while I take a shower.  We leave for the bus / daycare at 7:10am.  I find myself so stressed in the morning and find myself getting short with my kids, if they are not moving fast enough - I pack dd's lunch at night, what other tips can you share that make the morning easier?

thanks

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Wake up 15 minutes earlier.  That way you can either take a few extra minutes to yourself or you can start getting ready earlier so you can spend more time moving the kids along.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Wake up earlier.  Both you AND your daughter.  Change your outlook from "getting out the door" to "spending some time with your daughter". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Definitely get up earlier. Do as much as you can the night before. Create a routine and stick with it
Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
That^ that^^, and that^^^
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I get up at 4:45am, shower and get ready, wake up DS3 at 5:25am and get him ready, and leave the house by 5:40am to get him to daycare and myself to work. I have other children at home but DH is with them and gets them ready for school. We do all kids showers and lunches at night. I lay out all the clothes on Sunday so all we have to do is grab an outfit in the morning. I lay all my clothes out the night before, pack my lunch the night before, etc. I would say prep as much as you can the night before.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Oh, and if I were you, I would get up earlier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Wake up earlier and take a shower, then get dd up, get clothing ready and lined up the night before along with the lunch. Get a solid morning routine down using a schedule posted somewhere if needed.
SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Good ideas with preparing lunches at night.
Keep your stuff by the door like shoes, backpack, purse, diaper bag, keys , sweaters.
Get your self ready first in the morning. Once you're ready then wake your kids up to get them ready.
Get to bed early!
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

i have no tips. i'm outrageously unprepared every morning and squeak into work 2 minutes before i'm due on the line. i'm up at 7, get the kids ready, get them off to school, come home and get myself ready for work and drive 30 minutes to work. get off late, drive to the city to get the kids from my mom, get home around 8-830, give the kids a bath and get them in bed. usually collapse from exhaustion around 930...

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Easier said than done, my kids need their sleep and I want her to be well rested for school.  I don't know if I am reading your tone right but this post really irks me...lol

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Wake up earlier.  Both you AND your daughter.  Change your outlook from "getting out the door" to "spending some time with your daughter". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)