Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am i wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

So dear husbands ex wife feels we are cutting her outta the kids life, an is demanding that hubby call her every night an allow her to talk to the kids. the kids pretty much yes an no answer no details..an then tell her that they love her an miss her an will talk to her later. .......to which she then wants hubby to tell her about their day. because they are two young to share with her about their day..... the kids are 13, 10, an 8 ...... i have 4 of my own who talk their dads ears off,..... 9 8 7 5, an tell them all about their day there for the kids i feel are old enough to tell mom about their day they choose not to... ....

now ive taken it upon myself to email her every day, because sometimes hubby dont get in from work till 10pm, i am the main care taker in this house of the kids, i handle everything from cooking cleaning an chores, an homework with the kids, i also work outside the home but i get home before they get off the bus, an i only work when they are in school, so.. with that being said, i take it upon my self everyday to sit down with her three an ask them about their day, what is something you wanna share with your mom, what is something you wanna talk to her about, i type out a huge long letter every day an allow her to know about their days now, where as before i only did this on important days..

she never takes the kids unless its a birthday. or a holiday an she has a phone she can talk to them when ever she wants, ive repeatly try to make her knowlegeable about days when the kids are outta school an have offered to drive them to her ... or whatever to make her happy, she refuses to deal with me an is now pissed that hubby is not emailing her but me!

am i wrong? should i just back down? hubby dont really get to see the kids an i have skipped one day an i asked the kids if there was anything they wanted to share about that day an they were like i forget what happens? how are they...or hubby for that matter suppose to tell her on friday night about their week?????

sighs....

im just confused ive tried to help an i am the one being made out to be a witch:(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM

can't she call them and initiate these conversations herself? she sounds odd.. i would stop giving into her demands and let her know she's welcome to call any day.

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think they are plenty old enough to tell her how their day was. If they don't want to tell her oh well. Why can't she call the house to talk to them? I owuld stop e mailing her.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Back off and tell your DH to have a back bone and not let her treat him like shit ESPECIALLY in front of the kids!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM

yes she does know she can call an talk to them anytime, but she wants to talk to hubby, about the kids not the kids, she dont know how to ask questions or anything ....if i coach the kids in hey tell mom about this or hey tell mom about that, im told to shut up an to butt outta their life, ........but im step mom i raise these kids, im the main person who deals with everything from school to home life an doc appointments, ive tried to reach out to her an include her i have invited her to dinner a 100 times, an she only comes over when im not here, an gets mad when hubby does work on her van an i stand out their with them an talk to her ...an hubby.... she feels i stole her husband.. an her kids, when she cheated on him two different times ..an got pregnant by two different men, while married to hubby........

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

^^By back off I mean stop emailing altogether. She takes you for granted, so stop. She will appreciate you more in the end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM

i dont email her under my name or even disclose that its me, i message her on facebook, an i do it under hubbys name i never put anything in it to tell that its me, she just asked us saturday if it was me an hubby says yes, she has more time an helps out with the kids an handles all the house....... of course its her, he said she wanted updates im giving her daily updates, he didnt think it matter as long as she was included in their everyday life!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM

bump

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I would seriously stop doing all of that.  Put the ball in her court, she's their mother.  If she misses out on something, the only person she has to blame for that is herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  I can understand why you chose to take it on, but she can't have it both ways.  The kids are old enough to tell her about their day by themselves.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

I would seriously stop doing all of that.  Put the ball in her court, she's their mother.  If she misses out on something, the only person she has to blame for that is herself.

RLT2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

They are old enough to tell them about their day themselves. YOU are going way far out of your way to be nice. If she can't appreciate that, fuck her. If she really cared that much about their lives, she'd make an effort to SEE them as much as possible. Tell her to like it or lump it, she's gets your E-mail or will have to rely on the kid's conversation. Talk about ungrateful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN