Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asbergers......EDITED more of my thoughts....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

yes, i am ignorant when it comes to asbergers. i know nothing. 

watching the news this morning, and the little boy abducted in GA was returned safe.  the news reported that he was happy, laughing, playing with his mom.  does having asbergers prevent this from being a life long trauma for him?  does asbergers keep him from having the emotion most people would have? 

what are your thoughts?

Thank you to all of you who have provided clear and conciseinformation!!  I know that aspergers is a complex and many leveled thing.  I know that you moms who have kids with it have done countless hours of research, which is why I came to you instead of just googling it.  I know what it is like having to explain yourself over and over and over when people ask you, but remember, it is their first time asking.  My DS has a fainting disorder, and I know explaining to bystanders why we do NOT call 911 every time he goes down is a pain, but they don't know better. 

I truely feel bad for this child over this past week.  what a terrible ordeal.  but to hear he was happy, laughing and playing made me hope for just a minute that he did not realize or perhaps connect with what was going on.  It seems that I am mistaken, he will deal with it, probably harder than a normal child, as it can be difficult to express yourself.  My hope is, that his family can find him help to learn to deal, and he can go on to have a normal childhood.  I know an experience like this is something you don't just get over, but one can move on

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
You really know nothing...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Fail.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angevil53:

You really know nothing...

i know, that's why i asked.  simple question, really.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't even think that is how you spell it. Don't ask questions about it, just google. The moms of Aspergers (sp?) kids will chew you up for this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Fail.

fail at what?

sampson200
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

AsPergers :)

Use google.

SunshineBird
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Asperger's. I'm new to the Autism spectrum so I may be wrong but it should actually effect him more strongly. It may show up in the weeks and months to come.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Ffs
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I don't even think that is how you spell it. Don't ask questions about it, just google. The moms of Aspergers (sp?) kids will chew you up for this.

well, if they would rather chew me up than discuss and inform, i guess thats their problem.  i don't feel like googling and going through countless papers. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw the spelling of that and suddenly...Southpark.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured