Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so poor :'(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
I'm am officially in the worst financial situation that I have ever been in.
I have $2 to my name until payday (Monday, thank god.) And less than a quarter tank of gas to make it to work 3x and get my son to/from school for the rest of the week.
We have literally NO food so my sister is presently taking my husband to collect handouts so our kids can get fed tonight. :-(
I am so ashamed and lost. I don't even know how to get us out of this situation.
I have been applying for a second job but none are going to work schedule wise with my current job. I work full time @ $10/hr but it's not enough to support dh/ds/dd and myself.
I have applied for PA but somehow my income disqualifies me and I'm so afraid.
My rent is $650, we four live in a two bedroom trailer. I've always lived in actual houses so living here is a big step back for us.
I require internet here at home because otherwise I cannot get phone service (it's complicated, I have to have a cellphone for work because I go on call one week every month and if I am unreachable it's ground for termination. I live near national forest meaning no cell towers so I have to rely on a wifi connection at home for my phone to work.) I have a car payment, nearly $200 from every check (biweekly) and that pos needs a new transmission.
I am beyond stressed and I am so afraid that I won't be able to make my rent or the car will completely crap out before I have money to fix it.
Please pray that another job works out and that my husbands studies continue to go well so we can get out of this situation.
I am so full of shame.

ETA, my dh is looking for work but having no luck. We live in a rural area and the job market is tiny. The jobs that are available he isn't qualified for, which is why we had mutually decided he needed to get back into school. He IS looking though, but not being much of a handy man or mechanic even his side job options are extremely limited.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I fee your pain :-( one foot in front of the other every day and keep moving toward something better. Sometimes that's all you can do. (((Hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Is your dh working now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now.  Maybe your husband needs to put off his studies and bring in an income for awhile until you can actually get ahead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
No, he's been going to school and watching our dd.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is your dh working now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Time for him to find a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is your dh working now?

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yur husband can work and go to school. I did in college, so can he.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I do hope things get better but maybe your dh should take some time off from his schooling to help out financially

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
He just started applying, I'm going something comes through but he can't put off school with how it is now so he'll only be able to do part time, and I'll have to put dd in daycare or pay a sitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now.  Maybe your husband needs to put off his studies and bring in an income for awhile until you can actually get ahead.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yep

Quoting Anonymous:

Time for him to find a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is your dh working now?

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I am sorry that sucks! I have been in tough situations before. I just prayed and did what I could to make it through. Can you work for a family friend for extra cash? Like go to their house and do some dishes oe laundry. Heck I would pay someone $20 a day 2 days a week to come do my dishes. We aren't home alot so dishes don't really pile up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)