Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I owe State but not Feds.... okay I can live with that!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 11 Replies

This past year my income has increased and put my family in the next bracket up and we took a bit of a hit --- typically i would get back from 4K - 2K and a little back from State like under 100 bucks..... I was so stressed about the numbers this year but am relieved that all came out okay.  I lost one of my child tax credits cause he went and grew up on me.....  Now i have to get creative and start a new side business..... this gal needs more write offs..... or I could just pop out another kid.... that child tax credit is nice.... and I am loosing another one next year.... why do they have to grow up?  Shit maybe i should have 2 or 3 more??  LOL 

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

BUMP!

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, just pop out more...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I want to know why we lose the child tax credit when they are 17 instead of 18!   

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

i am only 43 this July - that would get me thru to 61 -- i am shooting for twins LOL

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

SterlingHeart

livn4hevn
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

We did the opposite- broke even on state and got back on feds. I'd rather break even all around then have to sit anxiously while crunching numbers to see what's gonna happen every year. I have NO problem paying taxes. If the government would stop giving everyone their money back we might make a dent in this financial problem!!! I don't want to have to pay out, but breaking even is perfect. I wish every year was a break even year. :)

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Twins, double the fun, and double the tax return lol

Quoting SterlingHeart:

i am only 43 this July - that would get me thru to 61 -- i am shooting for twins LOL

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

well i already have names picked out from the last time i got pregnant LOL  --- and we have been looking into buying a bigger house --- I can't imagine doing this but hate to admit -- the thought makes me all tingly -- i love babies 

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

SterlingHeart

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM

If you want to do it and your so is on board go for it. My mom had my sister when she was 40. She's 12 now and everything went well. No complications or anything.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

well i already have names picked out from the last time i got pregnant LOL  --- and we have been looking into buying a bigger house --- I can't imagine doing this but hate to admit -- the thought makes me all tingly -- i love babies 

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I may just let God decide and accept what he bestowes up on me :) 

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

If you want to do it and your so is on board go for it. My mom had my sister when she was 40. She's 12 now and everything went well. No complications or anything.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

SterlingHeart

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Yea? You might need to try fertility stuff. Or you might not. Either way, good luck!

Quoting SterlingHeart:

I may just let God decide and accept what he bestowes up on me :) 

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting SterlingHeart:

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)