Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seaworld or Universal? on PA and using tax money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

just kidding, wanted to get people in here. seems like all the posts are the same drama right now.

We are going to FL for a week in June for my mom's wedding. We have never taken a family trip like this so we want to do some fun stuff with the kids while we are there. I will be 71/2 months pregnant, ds will be 8, and the lo will be 18months. Dh wants to go to Universal I want to go to seaworld . if you have been what do you think? also what else is there to do with a family for not a ton of money? we want to do one big thing, a few days at the beach, a day or so at the pol with the family but what else? we will be in the Inglewood Beach area (i think) about 1 and half hours from Orlando.

Any help would be great I am clueless as to what to do to make this a great family vacation.

also what should I wear in fl? my mom said it will be really hot so i dont think my normal jeans and tee will cut it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

bump

RLT2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Why don't you try the "Disney" group on here? Seriously, there is a whole group of Moms on here devoted to everything Disney. They have all kinds of  tips, coupons, codes etc.

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I went to seaworld when I was 5 months pregnant. I think seaworld is the better choice while being pregnant. You will be able to do more things. You wont be able to ride any rides at universal. At seaworld there is much more to see and do as a pregnant person. That's my opinion though. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM

HATE Seaworld, So Universal in a heartbeat. It will be around 98 deg F and about 90% humidity in June for weather. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
You should do Disneyworld.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Seaworld was fun. I SO want to do Universal!! It is hot here, so def shorts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

OMG so I am not going to want to the the car when we get there lol. does not sound fun anymore  

***edit because I was panicking lol I am not going to want to get out of the car

Quoting fullxbusymom:

HATE Seaworld, So Universal in a heartbeat. It will be around 98 deg F and about 90% humidity in June for weather. 

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

disney is CRAZY expensive.  i've lived 20 minutes away for a couple of years now and have yet to go.  i would suggest seaworld since you have the younger child plus you're pregnant.  there are a few roller coasters DH and ds can go on.  plus you can get an addon to aquatica.  yay waterparks in the summer.   universal is a bit more expensive, but there is a lot to do.  we're dying to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  

also, in june, it's in the high 90's.   wear flip flops or canvas tennis shoes, shorts or a light sundress.   bring lots of sunscreen.  i suggest linen shorts, not denim.  chaffing hurts like hell and it WILL happen  you want clothes and shoes that will breathe. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

we only have one day

Quoting Anonymous:

You should do Disneyworld.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)