Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever been excused from Jury Duty? *edited*

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 52 Replies

I got a summons today in the mail. I cant go. I breastfeed Abigail and also don't have anyone to keep little Brandyn.

just wondering how many of you have been excused? and for what reason?

Im all worried they wont accept my excuse although I know that in all likelihood they will.

A lady from the office emailed me back and they rescheduled me for next February. much better. yay. I was stressed!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

they won't accept it.  I've never heard of anyone getting completely excused, they will delay it for a certain amount of time.  My mom showed up 9 months pregnant and they delayed it about 3 months.  Find a sitter.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I've gotten 3 summons
2 of which were when hubby was in the military and I was excused.
The other my group was not called for so I got out of that one too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

there isnt a way for me to leave Abigail.

Quoting Anonymous:

they won't accept it.  I've never heard of anyone getting completely excused, they will delay it for a certain amount of time.  My mom showed up 9 months pregnant and they delayed it about 3 months.  Find a sitter.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Every single time. I have yet to be called to jury duty now that I am married but when I was a single mom of 3 children and as the only financial provider for the children they always excused me. BUt if they would call me now I would go because A) look at all the crap going on that I would want to hear the details to and B) I have no excuse not to go anymore LOL.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes twice, I had to write them a letter about why I can't. I was breastfeeding and no one to watch my child/children.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM

no but they'll do it. I always wanted to serve but never got chosen.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM

My son was excused because he is away from the area for college.

I was on the list, but I never had to actually go in. Our county vastly overschedules jurers that they don't end up needing to use. I had to call in the night before, and my number wasn't called. I stayed on the list for a year, but they never called me up again. It is a pain to schedule childcare then have to cancel.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Yes. Here if you have small children you don't have to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure about the breastfeeding part of it-maybe they will delay for that.  Having no one to watch your kids doesn't matter in my state.  I still had to go and dh had to miss work.  That $9.00 sure made up for the loss of his pay.  <----sarcasm.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I did because I was breastfeeding. I was a poor pumper and Ds did not take bottles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)