Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

from SLATE:

Fighting anti-vaxxers is critical. The misinformation they spread is incredibly dangerous. First, because it’s simply wrong, almost to a letter. Second, because it spreads fear, and then parents don’t vaccinate their kids or get booster shots themselves. And when that happens, herd immunity drops, and when herd immunity drops, kids start getting infected. Some die. This is no joke: It happens in Australia, it happens in the United Kingdom, it happens here in the United States. Boulder, CO had a breakout last year and one baby came very close to death.

We need to get the word out: Vaccines save lives. And we also need to fight the forces of ignorance when we can.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Replies (441-442):
happy2bmom25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM

actually, herd immunity technically only applies to those that achieved immunity naturally.  It has only been assumed that the same goes for vaccinated "immunity".

my dh has a paralyzed oculomotor nerve from his six month shots. that means that he is esseintially blind in one eye. vaccine injuries are real. vaccine injuries are not acknowledged by pharmaceutical companies or the government that "requires" vaccines, they are swept under the rug.

Boulder Co had a breakout of what?

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM

If you vaccinate your own kids, you don't have to worry about anyone else...

If a kid still gets sick despite having a vaccine, then it was a pretty useless vaccine...

We vax (except flu), but I have a friend who has a history of allergies to many things including medication. In her case I would not vax, although she does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured