Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone here used gDiapers? #cloth diapering #biodegradable disposables

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: A great idea and a good buy?

Options:

yes those look great, try them!

i have used them and loved them!

those look stupid dont buy them!

i have used them and hated them!!! rip off!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

these look really cool!

gDiapers

starter bundle

If you've been waiting for a time to give gDiapers a try, now's your time to celebrate. Pick 2 gPants in any combination of goddess pink, genuine vanilla bean or globetrotter blue, add in a package of biodegradable* disposable inserts (40 ct for n/s, 32 ct for m/l/xl), and you're all set to give gDiapers a whirl on your baby boy or girl.

Pick gPant 1 from the dropdown. Then pick gPant 2. Then pick your size for your disposable inserts. Ta da! This is a great way to give gDiapers a try, without committing too much up front. If you love 'em, come on back. Ultimately you'll want 6-8 gPants on hand for full-time gDiapering.

Disposable inserts are 100% biodegradable*. They're the only disposable diaper that doesn't have to go to a landfill. Biodegradable* disposable inserts are made of cellulose, fluff pulp and super absorber. They can be flushed, home composted (wet ones only please) or tossed. When the insert is soiled, simply remove from the gPant, dispose, and tuck in a new insert for a fresh change. Use the same gPant through multiple changes. Change out the snap-in pouch when dirty.

gDiapers insert

Reduce baby’s footprint from day one with 100% biodegradable* disposable inserts that go easy on the planet. Disposable inserts tuck inside colourful diaper covers called gPants. gPants are breathable, so babies are less likely to get rash. Happy baby. Happy planet. Keep 6-8 gPants on hand for full-time use. Use with biodegradable* disposable inserts. Or washable gCloth inserts. Sold separately.

refill

Each pair of gPants comes with one waterproof pouch that snaps in and out for added convenience and less laundry. Waterproof pouch is made with gBreathe technology which means less rash for baby. Gentle stretch means more comfort and a flexible fit. Use with 100% biodegradable* disposable inserts that you can flush, home compost or toss. 

gPants are perfectly sized for a trim fit, from newborn to toddler. gPants come in sizes newborn, small, medium, large and extra large. Not all colors are available in extra large. Newborn gPants are available exclusively in white and come in the newborn bundle.
gDiapers size chart

gPants are 92% cotton, 8% spandex for a gentle stretch and trim fit. gPants fasten around the back, away from little hands. Machine wash cold or warm, machine or line dry. Close tabs and remove snap-in pouch before washing.

* Disposable inserts are biodegradable in home composts per ASTM standards by a third party independent lab (wet ones only please). Nothing truly biodegrades in a landfill. But gDiapers gives you options for disposal. Flush, compost or toss. The choice is yours.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

these SOUND freaking awesome!!!! someone please tell me if they are worth the investment? because i would simply buy a newborn bundle for $159 or whatever. 

and i guess they sell them at London Drugs too, so i dont always have to order from online. (although initially to get set up, looks cheaper online)

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

Oostera
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

They are cute but I found pocket diapers were a much... easier... experience. I use Charlie Banana pockets, myself. They also have a disposable liner option:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Gdiapers are not the way to go if you want to cloth diaper. Check out echobum (sp) they have an assortment and good price. Cloth dirapering is easy. Only differance between it and disposables is you wash the diapers.
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

yes but you can get cloth liners or disposable/flushable liners. i drive a lot, when i go grocery shopping it is a 5 hour ordeal. so disposables would def be nice for when not at home. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Gdiapers are not the way to go if you want to cloth diaper. Check out echobum (sp) they have an assortment and good price. Cloth dirapering is easy. Only differance between it and disposables is you wash the diapers.

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM

i'm going to go and look at those. i like the idea of being able to use 1 shell several time while just replacing the liner = less laundry. are pocket diapers like that?

Quoting Oostera:

They are cute but I found pocket diapers were a much... easier... experience. I use Charlie Banana pockets, myself. They also have a disposable liner option:)

Oostera
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No, pocket diapers are more like the cloth version of disposables. I liked the idea of reusing the shell but it never seemed to work out that way. They leaked quite a bit, even when I was changing him often.

Quoting D.O.E.:

i'm going to go and look at those. i like the idea of being able to use 1 shell several time while just replacing the liner = less laundry. are pocket diapers like that?

Quoting Oostera:

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

they dont look very snug around the waist and legs though.....leakage?? what about when your kids butt explodes and it goes up their back? lol those dont look like they would handle that too well?

Quoting Oostera:

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

so you have used these gdiapers before and no good?

Quoting Oostera:

No, pocket diapers are more like the cloth version of disposables. I liked the idea of reusing the shell but it never seemed to work out that way. They leaked quite a bit, even when I was changing him often.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Oostera:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)