Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm being admitted into the hospital today..... I don't want to be and I'm scared.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

So let me say, this isn't a TROLL post. I'm ANON because I have some CM's on my Facebook that don't know I'm living with this...

Anyway, for the last almost 2 years I've been dealing with MRSA. I've done EVERYTHING to keep from getting abscess sores. But I still get them. We replaced our bed, we got rid of the couches and got leather so we could wipe them down with wipes, we replace socks, underwear, sheets and towels EVERY 3 months. I do bleach baths 3 times a week, I use Bactroban in my nostrils twice a week. I've been tested for EVERYTHING and no matter what I keep getting them.  
I had 4 lanced on my butt and 2 on my legs just 2 weeks ago. They numbed, lanced them and then packed them. Put me on antibiotics at home (Doxy and Bactrim) but did a dose of IV Vancamycin.
A few days ago I had new ones come up. I still had the PAIN of the last lancing fresh in my mind so I didn't go in... This morning I woke up and the one abscess on my lower butt cheek was HUGE. The sore is as big as a tennis ball.. I went to my Dr and he made me go to the ER.. I get there and they decided to admit me for IV antibiotics and pain control. They want to surgecally remove the abscess because it's SO big.. I'm SO scared. I didn't think I would EVER be admitted for these... I'm at my wits end ladies. I can't handle this anymore. I've done EVERYTHING I've been told to do and I still get them.
If you pray and even if you don't can you PLEASE pray or send good vibes to me? I'm so scared right now. I can't breathe from crying, I'm shaky...

Have any of you had to deal with MRSA? If so, how did you keep from having so many outbreaks? ANY idea is welcome.. PLEASE! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Damn! That sucks!!!!! Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM
My dh has mrsa, but it is internal in his blood stream, no sores or anythinh good luck
EvryDayIsMyBday
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I have never had mrsa, I hope you feel better soon though!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Thank you.. I just wish I knew what I could do to stop getting them. I could see if I wasn't following Drs orders but I am and faithfully!
I forgot to add that when I shower I use HYBICLENS every single time. 

Quoting cLanief:

Damn! That sucks!!!!! Good luck

tinkerbelle18
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM

What is MRSA?

I hope you feel better fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Oh no!!  This might be a stupid question but how do they know when he has an "abscess" when its on the inside? I feel like I should be complaining at all! His sounds SOO much more painful than mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh has mrsa, but it is internal in his blood stream, no sores or anythinh good luck

iwilliams76
by Irene on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm sorry! Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

MRSA is a staph infection. Here is a link that tells you about it
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa-methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus 

Quoting tinkerbelle18:

What is MRSA?

I hope you feel better fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I'm not abandoning the post. I've got to find someone to keep my animals while I'm in the hospitals. DH works 14 hr days and I want them to be fed and not alone...

My DH is amazing, he wants to take time off work to stay with me but we can't afford it. I really hate this shit!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured