Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you sacrifice a year?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I hate where I live, hate it so much. Love being a SAHM, DF loves having me as a SAHM, kids love having me home. Everyone hated it when I was working part-time.
I want to move, and in order to do that we would need to save 20k. If I went back to work part-time I could make that in a year. But we would probably have a tired and miserable household.
Would you do it? Trying to figure out how to entice DF with the idea as well..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

could you babysit from home a few hours a week? that way, you're still home, but making money

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I wouldn't be able to make the same type of money, and the three houses surrounding me all do daycare.

Quoting Anonymous:

could you babysit from home a few hours a week? that way, you're still home, but making money

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

This is where I want to be *sigh*
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'd do it, but I'd try harder to put on a happy face. One year of some issues would be worth a happier future to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I'd do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM

That depends.  Does your fiance want to move as well?  Why do you live where you do to begin with? Is it for his job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Where's this?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is where I want to be *sigh*

Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I would do it if it meant being able to move somewhere you like. I work full time and so does DH. Lot's of people have both parents working and survive just fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
We bought the house here when we were pregnant with DD, we couldn't afford to buy in the city at the time because house prices were ridiculous. Over the past few years prices have come down, we are about even on what we owe on our house and what we would get for it :(
Really it's been costing us time and money to live here and the only perk is the yard, which costs us even more time.
DF has to commute an hour each way, if we moved to this other community we would be just minutes away from his office.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

That depends.  Does your fiance want to move as well?  Why do you live where you do to begin with? Is it for his job?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)