Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much should I charge or expect $$$$ EDIT - HOW MUCH I MAKE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
How much for babysitting my sisters 3 children. Two girls age 10 & 9 and 1 boy almost 6. I have them 4 days. Wed-Sat. Wednesay and Thursday I have them since about 5-11:30. I have to make a round trip of about 20 min to pick them up from the bus stop at least once a week but I have done it twice a week when she needs me to. Friday after school they sleep over - Saturday. She picks them up Sundays around noonish. I feed them (which I must admit they eat A LOT) I bathe them. I wash their clothes and well parent them since she lacks in that department but that is a completely different story. :) soooo my question is how much should I ask of her. She obviously needs help so I wouldn't expect her to pay what any other babysitter would expect but what is still a reasonable amount considering all the mentioned above... Thanks ladies!

She works as a waitress at a good restaurant. I used to work there. She makes an Average of at least $100 per day obviously more on weekends, about $150. So I'm saying about $450-$500 a week free. She came the other day saying she went and spent $300 on clothes for them in one sitting and always saying this and that. I am starting to feel a little weird.

So she gives me - $100 a week for all 3 & pays every other week. I love her and want to help her as much but they are little pains in the butt lol. I'm not sure if to leave it at $100 per week and just ask her for food on the side. I wouldn't charge her if I could afford it but obviously I don't. With my 2 kids I pretty much have a family of 5. Thanks for letting me know its ok to ask for a little more or at least that I do need a little more help money wise.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poohsybear
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I charge $20 a day

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would charge $50 a day just bc you have to drive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Per child regardless of what you do or how long?

Quoting poohsybear:

I charge $20 a day

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM
LOL she would go BROKE. I wish.

Quoting angevil53:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Well what would she do otherwise? A nanny would charge double.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angevil53:

my4littlegirls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Figure out how much gas it would cost for the trips you have to make and  figure out how much food would cost and round up.

chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

if it was my sister i would prob charge 15 a day to start then after she is on her feet then go upto 20 a day

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Yea I know. To be honest I've been taking care of them for over 6 months. I made the post to get answers since its my first time really babysitting. I want to see what prices come up and then post an update with what she really pays me. You would be shocked lol. I think ima talk to her.

Quoting angevil53:

Well what would she do otherwise? A nanny would charge double.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angevil53:

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Since she's your sister, $300 a week. If she can't afford that you could do less.
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
$100 a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)