Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much should I charge or expect $$$$ EDIT - HOW MUCH I MAKE.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How much for babysitting my sisters 3 children. Two girls age 10 & 9 and 1 boy almost 6. I have them 4 days. Wed-Sat. Wednesay and Thursday I have them since about 5-11:30. I have to make a round trip of about 20 min to pick them up from the bus stop at least once a week but I have done it twice a week when she needs me to. Friday after school they sleep over - Saturday. She picks them up Sundays around noonish. I feed them (which I must admit they eat A LOT) I bathe them. I wash their clothes and well parent them since she lacks in that department but that is a completely different story. :) soooo my question is how much should I ask of her. She obviously needs help so I wouldn't expect her to pay what any other babysitter would expect but what is still a reasonable amount considering all the mentioned above... Thanks ladies!

She works as a waitress at a good restaurant. I used to work there. She makes an Average of at least $100 per day obviously more on weekends, about $150. So I'm saying about $450-$500 a week free. She came the other day saying she went and spent $300 on clothes for them in one sitting and always saying this and that. I am starting to feel a little weird.

So she gives me - $100 a week for all 3 & pays every other week. I love her and want to help her as much but they are little pains in the butt lol. I'm not sure if to leave it at $100 per week and just ask her for food on the side. I wouldn't charge her if I could afford it but obviously I don't. With my 2 kids I pretty much have a family of 5. Thanks for letting me know its ok to ask for a little more or at least that I do need a little more help money wise.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Oh no she has been paying me since the beginning.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she hasn't paid you for the past 6 months, it's going to be hard to expect her to pay now.

You could ask  nicely, but I would be pissed if you said it was free then changed it later. But eh, I would just pay someone else most likely.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I run a home daycare and charge $25 a day per kid.No sibling discounts :0)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM
You charge your family more than you would others?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Since she's your sister, $300 a week. If she can't afford that you could do less.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Are you married?

Do you and your sister get along?
anitarichman
by Anita on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

$100/week plus food (either $$ or food)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
$100 per week AND food. She should be responsible for seeing that her kids eat.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok after reading that... tell her that it is 200 per week, if she doesn't want to pay you then she can find other accomidations for her three children.  I would also tell her that she had to start sending and prviding food for the three of them.

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM

$175 and that includes food and gas for you. Maybe $200 a week. You're always watching them Friday nights, meaning she can go out if she wants. If she can afford to spend $300 on their clothes, or other things, all the time, she can pay her sister more for watching her 3 children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Yes im married. I have 2 children of my own. Yes we get along. No I'm not rich that's why I'm taking money lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you married?

Do you and your sister get along?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea that's what I'm going to tell her. Thanks

Quoting anitarichman:

$100/week plus food (either $$ or food)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)