Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

turbo tax... h&r block at home, taxslayer ALL BULLCRAP!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
No, I love them but you are here so quick question. I always do our taxes, at least for the past 4/5 years I have. We have since the last time we filed,bought a home, payed back student loans, I also had a work from home job and I know you can deduct things like lights bills and all. Is it difficult to do with those? I plan on also calling an account and getting a quote, I prefer to do my own I just don't have the time.
TIA
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Bumps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
No. We have a lot of deductions and I do it online. They usually walk you step by step. If not there is an option at the top to search forms you have received so you can input info.
mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Ok I have always done turbo tax but never for so many deductions . I didn't want to start if it wasn't worth it

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

No. We have a lot of deductions and I do it online. They usually walk you step by step. If not there is an option at the top to search forms you have received so you can input info.

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Quoting mrscass0416:

I use tax act. We have student loans, stocks and mortgage interest. In the beginning they ask you if anything has changed such as buying a house which you can put down. The only thing I'm not familiar with is our work at home expenses, but I do remember passing that section that asked if I owned my own business and expenses from it. ..not sure if its the same thing as working from home expenses.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)