Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLT2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
13 moms liked this

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if he has sisters, he might play with their stuff or put on your shoes or something.  Little boys do this when they are toddlers.

But yeah, anything other than that just is asking for trouble.

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

ehh... my kids like to dress up. if my son puts on a dress and high heels for the time i dont care. of course going out in public with them on would be totally different. my dd loves to do boy things and i'm not going to stop her from that either.

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
5 moms liked this

I have a pic of my youngest, taken when he was 2, with a Snow White dress on and a floppy hat. His sisters dressed him up. I think it's funny, and I think you're uptight and have no sense of humor.

KarriePlus1
by Karen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting RLT2:

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

OMG if that is the case , my girls will be so sad. THey love playing sports.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Dang..the stupid is just overflowing on CM today... btw my son has long hair *gasp*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this

So does that mean your dd only wears dresses and skirts,  because by your logic only boys should wear pants!

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto this

Quoting RLT2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Who cares if a little boy plays dress up. There are far more pressing issues in this world. What a waste of energy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)