Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
You must be young...god forbid your girls be tomboys
Anonymous

My DH sounds like you, except he got over the fact that our son wearing things his sister wears isn't going to make him gay. He idolizes his sister and wants to wear her shoes and wear her purses. She in turn plays with his cars and super heroes. Too bad you wouldn't let your children bond if they're the opposite sex. Some things in life are more important than keeping your boy from sparkles. Now that he's 3, he has started getting out of wearing female things. He doesn't want his nails painted anymore because he's "not a girl". I guess the difference in our home than in yours is that we encourage our children's creativity. Shame that you don't encourage that because your children may never truly know what they like.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

and what exactly are "little boy" things?

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Eh... my kids are taught that their gender doesn't define them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
It's great that you have the ability to raise the boy to be strictly masculine and that I have the ability to raise my boy to be whatever and whomever he wants. That includes nail polish and dress up and dolls as much as it does trucks, dirt, and Nerf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myideasaretaken
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

This.  

Quoting RLT2:

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Good thing I am the parent of my children. My DD plays with legos, cars, blocks, and other "boy things" most of the time. She has dolls and a kitchen too. My DS is older and plays with the same legos, blocks, and cars, but also the dolls and kitchen. Both dance, both do gymnastics, he also does karate and she is too young for anything else. They do dress up sometimes and it is usually more clownlike but I really don't care. I want well rounded children who can explore and find out who they really are....not tell them what they should be.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Well said!

Quoting RLT2:

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

Anonymous

I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong!

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Who dictates what is girly and what's not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)