Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (111-120):
babyboy117
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I wouldn't either. But, I don't judge other's for their decision. That doesn't make them a bad parents. However, my 2 year old son tries to put my red heels on. lol Hubby just says "Nooooooo!" and laughs, then hands him his boots that go with his digitals.  We just laugh about it. But we aren't like "OMG HE IS GOING TO BE GAY, AHHHH!" It's not that serious.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

That's ridiculous. You raise your kids how you want, idgaf, but I'll do as I see fit with mine. There is no such thing as a "boy toy" or a "girl toy."

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Lol well with two little girls, if they had a little brother, he will want to play with their dress up clothes and play with their barbies. They would also want to play with his trucks and his cars. ITS PRETEND AND TOYS!
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Wow your stupid is showing?

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

YAY!!!

I'm off the hook.

My 5yr old son wears overalls when he puts his makeup on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I'm guessing you are old and from the south.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Oh, I forgot to add: My DS is 15 months, he has a purse, because he kept taking mine and pulling out all the stuff rom it, so I gave him an older one that could be his. He also has a Ken doll that he took from his sister. Oh, and he loves ponies. Any pony, pink ponies, brown ponies, ponies in general. This includes My Little Pony. His sister (11) does martial arts and would rather be in jeans and a t-shirt than a dress any day. She also likes My Little Pony. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Agree OP.  And the pants thing??  Please!  It's NOT the same, not even close.  And people know that, they just want to start shit.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM
It's not the same now but it was 100 years ago and that is the point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Agree OP.  And the pants thing??  Please!  It's NOT the same, not even close.  And people know that, they just want to start shit.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM

my daughter and son are nine years apart, we found the little flower girl dress my daughter wore in my wedding and put it on my son he was just turning 4.. he was PISSED!! he was so mad at us and still brings it up on occasion and ask us why did we do that to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)