Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

And your girls never wear pants, right?

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I understand you feel that way, but I don't agree with it at all. Children don't understand gender roles so to them, its ALL fun regardless of what the activity is.

If I have any boys, they'll be allowed to play with and dress how they want :) Granted, I would never let my MIL see because she's narrow minded like yourself.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Oh noes. I kid being a kid. How... how HORRIBLE! It's unthinkable!

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
My DH would flip his shit if I sent pictures like that to him. We have three girls though so he doesn't have to worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So does that mean your dd only wears dresses and skirts,  because by your logic only boys should wear pants!

Saille717
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm allowed to agree with RLT2. 

Quoting RLT2:

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I seriously love you.  LMFAO!

Quoting Anonymous:

And your girls never wear pants, right?

ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Sorry. You are entitled, but I flat out do not agree with your opinion.
This coming from someone who saw her nephew get his ass BEAT for dancing shirtless to justin bieber and being called "gay" by his father (who's never around, so he has "girlish" tendencies, being around his mom and 2 sisters all the time).
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

See, I knew I'm not the only one who's husband would freak out about it.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

My DH would flip his shit if I sent pictures like that to him. We have three girls though so he doesn't have to worry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

So...whats so wrong about being a girl? You have two girl yourself, do you think they're less than a boy?

If you son wanted to be a girl and do girl things, and you tell him its unacceptable, you're telling your own girls that they are not equal, and that they are less than him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured