Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM

you should be torn apart for this. little kids are learning and exploring. why stop them from being imaginative and just having fun? It's not going to hurt anyone except them if you tell them oh you can't do that because it's for girls only. I think it's completely closed minded. My son wanted a ladybug cuddleuppet for christmas from santa and he sure as hell got it. So what if it's pink? He is who he is and we LOVE him for that. If you tell your kids they can't do certain things because it's for the other gender they will grow up resenting you and hiding things from you. If you ever have a boy and he grows up and tells you he's gay are you going to banish him from your life?

ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting KarriePlus1:

Quoting RLT2:

You're allowed to have all the opinions you want. I'm allowed to think they're stupid.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
My youngest son wants to be a nurse. His favorite movie is thumbelina , his favorite cartoons are my little pony and strawberry shortcake. He plays with his sisters dolls and honestly that's ok by me. Even if he turns out to be gay (and just because he watches "girl shows" does not mean they'll turn him gay) that's just fine by me. He will always be accepted and loved. I won't try to mold him into someone he's not. He has no idea that people think he should be doing "boy things". Even his older brothers accept that he likes to do "girl stuff". Play dress up and pretend he's a nurse like mommy. Play with his sisters my little ponies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

most definately... they are little boys or girls.... my little boy loves to play dress up with his cousins and sometimes he even wants to wear my perfume even though I tell him it will make him "smell like a gurl" .... it is actually good for boys to play with baby dolls and its good for girls to play in the dirt....

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I kind of agree with you. I wouldn't let my son wear a dress. I do let him play with his sisters doll or barbie though. He does not play with them to often but I don't see anything wrong with that. He usually ends up pretending they are guns or something within a few mins. 

My husband is like yours and would not be happy with those pictures and would be upset that I had allowed my son to wear a dress. My husband isn't even comfortable with our son playing with a doll or barbie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I hope your daughter aren't wearing pants then.... those are boy clothes you know!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

do you also believe that women should stay at home and take care of the babies and the husbands work because that's the correct gender roles?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

All those men in kilts over in Scotland will be so sad to hear that they're not considered boys any longer (I say take a look under their kilt).  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Are the toys the child plays with controlled by their genitalia? As in, only male genitalia will operate the toy so girls can't use it? If not, everything is free game.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

HAHAHHAHAH

And as I said in that post, my grandpa has a photo of my uncle at the age of 4, wearing my granny's wig.

XDDDDDD

And by gosh golly he still learned how to hunt, play the guitar, played army men and fought with his older brother.

Amazing what happens when you just let kids be kids and play how they want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN