Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Edit. Little boys should do boy things--

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And little girls should do girl things!

This is what was going through my mind as I was reading the other post about OP's son wearing a dress and high heels and then posted a picture of him.

I do not have any boys, just 2 girls. But if I were to ever have a son, he would NOT be wearing dresses.

I'm sorry. I know I'm going to get tore apart for this, but this is my honest opinion.

By the way, if I were to send those pictures to my DH, he would freak out!

EDIT:
All of you saying that you bet I don't let my girls wear pants, WTF is wrong with you? Pants are CLEARLY good for boys AND girls. Dresses are CLEARLY NOT for boys..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Or he's going to
Make a great daddy one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

My youngest son wants to be a nurse. His favorite movie is thumbelina , his favorite cartoons are my little pony and strawberry shortcake. He plays with his sisters dolls and honestly that's ok by me. Even if he turns out to be gay (and just because he watches "girl shows" does not mean they'll turn him gay) that's just fine by me. He will always be accepted and loved. I won't try to mold him into someone he's not. He has no idea that people think he should be doing "boy things". Even his older brothers accept that he likes to do "girl stuff". Play dress up and pretend he's a nurse like mommy. Play with his sisters my little ponies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaitlynherring
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I used to do my little brothers hair, makeup, and nails and he loved it. He is now a very normal 16 year old boy, who is interested in girls, sports, and other things boys his age enjoy. I really fucked him up huh?
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM

But oh by gosh golly, I forgot, this was during the time when MOST if not all of the male characters in cartoons were dressing up as females in just about every episode that they had.

XDDDDDD  Funny how times change. ....

mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Ohhhh shut up. A well thought out response to you is a waste of my time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Absolutely.
That's the way DH and I do it. It works for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

do you also believe that women should stay at home and take care of the babies and the husbands work because that's the correct gender roles?

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yes, because playing games and using his imagination will ruin him forever.

Be less judgmental and encourage more creativity. It will make everyone better for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I texted the pics to my husband, he texted back "lol" 

When children are playing, I like to try and expand their imaginations, not limit them. What are boy things? My son loves cars, so does his sister they get that from their momma. I'm just not sure where people think the line is supposed to be.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. There will be mom's on here who think you are wrong and are the devil for posting this, lol. Who cares though! Do what you feel is ok for your child.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Eh, my boys played with dolls and my daughter played with cars, haven't harmed them yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN