Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Son of a worthless mother fudger

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My daughters father I'd worthless
He never calls her
Never checks on her
Has seen her once in three years
Pays $10 a month in hold support if he even pays it
Now when we have to move to Korea for my husbands job this man decides to start bugging me! I finally after calling everyone I know and messaging everyone I know that he knows on Facebook he calls me. Tells me he will sign what I need signed and now he is ignoring me. No I changed my mind or anything that an adult would do just purely ignoring me.
Now I'm left screwed and I can't get her a passport
We have no visitation set up and no custody.
I have an appointment to speak to a lawyer in a week but what should/can I do?
I don't have a lot of time to get this passport!
How long did it take you to get custody set up, how much did it cost? How about step parent adoption? Can I add in a child support review on with the custody? Gah this man is worthless! If he actually gave a shit this would be different but he doesn't!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

with the numerous issues you're looking to have resolved and the amount of time you have to do so, I wouldn't take anyone's advice except for an attorney.  the issues you have also don't really factor in to each other, they would all be separate actions in the court:

child support

custody

signature on passport application

signing over parental rights

you really need a professional for this, not a bunch of uneducated responses from posters whose cousin's best friend's sister's aunt once heard about this happening to a friend of hers...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I'm working on the lawyer but the only family law lawyer doesn't have an opening until next week and I'm irate and well wanting advice.

Quoting ff-princess:

with the numerous issues you're looking to have resolved and the amount of time you have to do so, I wouldn't take anyone's advice except for an attorney.  the issues you have also don't really factor in to each other, they would all be separate actions in the court:

child support

custody

signature on passport application

signing over parental rights

you really need a professional for this, not a bunch of uneducated responses from posters whose cousin's best friend's sister's aunt once heard about this happening to a friend of hers...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I can tell you that it takes a while (months) to set up custody/vistiation. Not sure on cost. Adoption from what I understand can cost thousands (AND the ONLY way the step parent can adopt is if the birth parent signs over rights).  Getting a passport fast is most likely NOT  a option a this point. Your Dh might have to go to Korea with out you, and you can meet him later 

missamanda86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

All of those reasons are exactly why my Dh is adopting my older 2 kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
That's not an option and would financially kill us if we are not there along with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can tell you that it takes a while (months) to set up custody/vistiation. Not sure on cost. Adoption from what I understand can cost thousands (AND the ONLY way the step parent can adopt is if the birth parent signs over rights).  Getting a passport fast is most likely NOT  a option a this point. Your Dh might have to go to Korea with out you, and you can meet him later 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN