Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Men and baby girls.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 187 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your DH/SO change your daughter's diaper?

Options:

Of course!

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 401

View Results

DH and I have two girls. When we visit MIL, DH can't change their diapers because my MIL thinks it's disgusting for a man to change a girl's diaper.

Obviously, when we're home, he changes diapers and has no issues; he knows its just part of being a dad. He thinks his mother is dumb for this and his response is, "Those are my DAUGHTERS. What's the issue?". I also think part of the issue is gender roles...changing a diaper is a woman's job.

Opinions?

***ETA: Don't worry, we're rarely around her. It's reasons like this (among others) that we limit our childrens' time with her, because overall, she doesn't respect our choices as parents. I was just wondering if my MIL was the only insane one, lol

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Why would a woman have a child with a man she doesn't trust to change a diaper? That's just stupid ass to me.

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be concerned if he didn't want to change them, honestly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I agree. It's their own flesh and blood (and if the baby was adopted men look at that baby as their own), so what's the issue? But like I said, I think it's a combo of that AND its just something men don't do...changing diapers. Its a woman's job...if you ask my MIL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would a woman have a child with a man she doesn't trust to change a diaper? That's just stupid ass to me.

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
5 moms liked this

I think it's ridiculous and you shouldn't let your mother in law control who changes the baby's diaper even when she is around. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Wtf?
ratchetlee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Uh...yeah he changed them.....both of our girls'...

I guess the mothers' can't change their son's diapers then???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
She's stupid .
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh he for sure will be changing babies diaper!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is she, 80? Any woman under 60 should have that man's job woman's job shit out of her head.

Quoting robibuni:

I agree. It's their own flesh and blood (and if the baby was adopted men look at that baby as their own), so what's the issue? But like I said, I think it's a combo of that AND its just something men don't do...changing diapers. Its a woman's job...if you ask my MIL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saille717
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that your MIL has some kind of serious issues.....that or her brain just hasn't accepted that it's not 1940 anymore.  But even my grandfather change diapers.  So I'm going with she's fucked in the head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN