Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Would you let your DH/SO change your daughter's diaper?

Options:

Of course!

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 401

View Results

DH and I have two girls. When we visit MIL, DH can't change their diapers because my MIL thinks it's disgusting for a man to change a girl's diaper.

Obviously, when we're home, he changes diapers and has no issues; he knows its just part of being a dad. He thinks his mother is dumb for this and his response is, "Those are my DAUGHTERS. What's the issue?". I also think part of the issue is gender roles...changing a diaper is a woman's job.

Opinions?

***ETA: Don't worry, we're rarely around her. It's reasons like this (among others) that we limit our childrens' time with her, because overall, she doesn't respect our choices as parents. I was just wondering if my MIL was the only insane one, lol

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (141-150):
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

What the fuck...So since he likes guys he shouldn't change his son's diaper. Guess what, since you like guys, then that means you shouldn't be chaging your son's diaper of touching his penis either. You can't have it both ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's freaking gross and I don't want him touching my sons penis. If he was straight and didnt want to play with other guys penises I wouldn't care. Oh plus he doesn't know how to change a diaper .

Quoting robibuni:

Yes you ARE wrong. His sexuality doesn't matter...he's still a dad and he won't look at your son sexually at all. Why would he?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nasty right? This guy and I just had sex once and got me pregnant but it was not like any other guy I've had sex with. He didn't know what he was doing? There are so many things that make me think he is gay but he won't admit it and when I tell people I think he is gay they laugh at me and tell me he isn't because he got me pregnant. Am I wrong for not wanting him to change my sons diaper when he is born?!?!

Quoting robibuni:

WHAT?! Just...seriously, what?!

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't let my child's father change his diaper because he always makes comments to other men about their privates .. like " I wish your dick was hard right now so I could use it to drum instead of these drumsticks" and being totally sober and kissing a guy. Lol yeah he won't admit he likes guys but man this baby sure was his cover up.

aeroslove
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

If he doesnt care what others think he needs to grow a pair and stfu and change his kids diaper at his moms or not at his moms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I think I'm an awesome mom for not letting some guy who likes penis and talks about playing with them change his diaper... I doubt he will be able to learn how to change cloth diapers so he won't be changing them anyway. Also he is barely going to be around so I don't have to worry about it. I just rather do it than him if he's around. Oh I didn't know that was the ONLY reason I didn't want him doing it btw thanks for telling me.

Quoting robibuni:

So seriously, the ONLY reason you don't want him changing your child's diaper is because he's possibly gay? Gay and interested in MEN does not mean he's a child molester!

As far as not knowing how to change a diaper, surprise, I didn't either. I'd never changed a diaper in my life when I had DD1.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's freaking gross and I don't want him touching my sons penis. If he was straight and didnt want to play with other guys penises I wouldn't care. Oh plus he doesn't know how to change a diaper .

Quoting robibuni:

Yes you ARE wrong. His sexuality doesn't matter...he's still a dad and he won't look at your son sexually at all. Why would he?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nasty right? This guy and I just had sex once and got me pregnant but it was not like any other guy I've had sex with. He didn't know what he was doing? There are so many things that make me think he is gay but he won't admit it and when I tell people I think he is gay they laugh at me and tell me he isn't because he got me pregnant. Am I wrong for not wanting him to change my sons diaper when he is born?!?!

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't let my child's father change his diaper because he always makes comments to other men about their privates .. like " I wish your dick was hard right now so I could use it to drum instead of these drumsticks" and being totally sober and kissing a guy. Lol yeah he won't admit he likes guys but man this baby sure was his cover up.

Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Boy she sounds like a real peach. Good luck!

I'm glad he's willing to man up, and change diapers. My ex wouldn't change a diaper on either of our boys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I don't talk about playing with penis? You're dumb I don't want him changing my sons diaper and I won't let him .... if it makes me feel better about it then that's what I'm going to to to ease my mind.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

What the fuck...So since he likes guys he shouldn't change his son's diaper. Guess what, since you like guys, then that means you shouldn't be chaging your son's diaper of touching his penis either. You can't have it both ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM
MIL sounds a little creepy! I wouldn't let HER change diapers.
_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I have never heard of anything like that before.

We have two girls and he has changed both of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
There is no relationship, never was one. And its just a decision I made so I won't be worried about my son questioning his sexuality also... its just to ease my mind. He's barely going to be around the baby anyway...

Quoting SimplyErathy:

if you feel he would be sexualy aroused by your infants penis and want to play with it i think the right thing to do is end the relationship..if you can call it that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
There is no relationship, never was one. And its just a decision I made so I won't be worried about my son questioning his sexuality also... its just to ease my mind. He's barely going to be around the baby anyway...

Quoting SimplyErathy:

if you feel he would be sexualy aroused by your infants penis and want to play with it i think the right thing to do is end the relationship..if you can call it that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM

-_- i have no words...... so will my daughter be a lesbien since my lesbien sister changed her diaper?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SimplyErathy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured