Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Would you let your DH/SO change your daughter's diaper?

Options:

Of course!

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 401

View Results

DH and I have two girls. When we visit MIL, DH can't change their diapers because my MIL thinks it's disgusting for a man to change a girl's diaper.

Obviously, when we're home, he changes diapers and has no issues; he knows its just part of being a dad. He thinks his mother is dumb for this and his response is, "Those are my DAUGHTERS. What's the issue?". I also think part of the issue is gender roles...changing a diaper is a woman's job.

Opinions?

***ETA: Don't worry, we're rarely around her. It's reasons like this (among others) that we limit our childrens' time with her, because overall, she doesn't respect our choices as parents. I was just wondering if my MIL was the only insane one, lol

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (151-160):
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Did she change her son's diapers?  

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

That's ridiculous LOL. My husband changed the first diaper with both our kids, he changes a lot of diapers! Well, not anymore since they're out of them now, but damn straight he will with this baby too. He'll get the first diaper too to keep up the tradition.

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

does that mean it's disgusting for mothers to change their boys?

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I think that's stupid, I have a little girl and another on the way plus 2 boys, my husband has changed all of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you're not. You are however a bigot and therefor a fucking idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I'm an awesome mom for not letting some guy who likes penis and talks about playing with them change his diaper... I doubt he will be able to learn how to change cloth diapers so he won't be changing them anyway. Also he is barely going to be around so I don't have to worry about it. I just rather do it than him if he's around. Oh I didn't know that was the ONLY reason I didn't want him doing it btw thanks for telling me.

Quoting robibuni:

meangreen18
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

i would but my DH refuses, says it's weird?

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
If tell him he has to change every diaper when she's around just to piss her off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

How are you going to stop him from changing his child's diaper when he has visitation?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't talk about playing with penis? You're dumb I don't want him changing my sons diaper and I won't let him .... if it makes me feel better about it then that's what I'm going to to to ease my mind.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

What the fuck...So since he likes guys he shouldn't change his son's diaper. Guess what, since you like guys, then that means you shouldn't be chaging your son's diaper of touching his penis either. You can't have it both ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's freaking gross and I don't want him touching my sons penis. If he was straight and didnt want to play with other guys penises I wouldn't care. Oh plus he doesn't know how to change a diaper .

Quoting robibuni:

Yes you ARE wrong. His sexuality doesn't matter...he's still a dad and he won't look at your son sexually at all. Why would he?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nasty right? This guy and I just had sex once and got me pregnant but it was not like any other guy I've had sex with. He didn't know what he was doing? There are so many things that make me think he is gay but he won't admit it and when I tell people I think he is gay they laugh at me and tell me he isn't because he got me pregnant. Am I wrong for not wanting him to change my sons diaper when he is born?!?!

Quoting robibuni:

WHAT?! Just...seriously, what?!

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't let my child's father change his diaper because he always makes comments to other men about their privates .. like " I wish your dick was hard right now so I could use it to drum instead of these drumsticks" and being totally sober and kissing a guy. Lol yeah he won't admit he likes guys but man this baby sure was his cover up.

EvryDayIsMyBday
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I have three daughters and my husband has changed countless diapers. Your mil is crazy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM

My husband changes my daughters diaper on occation. He rather stick to the boys, he's afraid of hurting her by mistake. I think that's just an excuse he manages just fine. I know when it's a crazy poop diaper that it's all up her stuff he hands her over to me. I personally think it's better for me to change the girls but there is no law in our house that says dad can't change her diaper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN