Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As a black woman, I am highly embarrassed by what I just watched * Language

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is just ridiculous

You might need to sign in.. but the link in my first reply would bring you to the news sight, with the video if you don't have an account or don't want to sign into youtube

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

well that was a train wreck to say the least...I'm not surprised at all but I can't let the actions of some trashy people represent who I am as a person...is this video stereotypical? of course it is but really, anyone who feeds into this mess and prejudges black women as a whole on the actions of some very loud and pathetic women are people I don't want to associate with at all...

autodidact
by Snarknado on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

my first reaction was to tell OP she she no more be embarrassed by the woman in the video than I am (I'm white). But I remembered how horrified I was when watching a documentary about Irish Travelers, so I do get it. And I homeschool, and even though we don't do a lot of things people stereotype homeschoolers as doing, I still cringe when someone is a walking cliche of that, knowing that that's the image some people have in their minds that my kids will have to disprove and overcome. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes me sad.  It doesn't matter if I am black or white though.  Why are you embarrassed just because it's another black women?  What if it was a white women.  Then no big deal?  Still horrifying.  Still sad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
8 moms liked this
This chick is disgusting -- not because she is black - but because she is trash!!!

Both them bitches deserved to get it. The worst part for me was how the children behaved. Of course if your mom is a wild beast your going to be a little hellion.

I applaud the security guard & I'm glad he tased her right in front of the kids - maybe your mama didnt teach you but you will learn their are consequences for your actions.

Bravo Mr. Security man - BRAVO!!!

SN--- boy she hit the ground hard lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand.  But I wouldn't expect you to understand on this side.  Most black people have got a bad rap.  Its tiresome to have to hear the stereotype about our people, constantly.  I would be embarrassed if this was any other race too. But for them to be apart of my race, and we are already stereotyped to be this way, its disheartening 

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh I'm white and this video doesn't change my opinion of African Americans. She's just a bad egg. Race has nothing to do with it. When a white person goes nutso I don't get disappointed in our race. There's good and bad people in every color.

Quoting mrscass0416:

Thats what pisses me off, then people think we are all the same. Just a mess! I love being an african american woman then I see crap like this that makes me shake my head in disappointment. No words can describe how I feel about crap like this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Unfortunately, that woman acts like 90% of the black women I've come across. No wonder blacks have a hard time getting pass stereotypes. Just about every one I've met has been loud and mouthy like that and quick to want to fight.
AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Where I grew up almost all the black girl and some white ones are like that.
I moved the min I got the choice!
I can't stand that stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Sadly not all people are like you. It's sad to say but we do get judged or maybe we notice more when people judge us than when they don't .

Correct, bad comes in all shapes sizes and colors. 

I can't pin point why this bothers me as an african american female but it does. Maybe I shouldn't get disappointed, but I do. Something else for me to work on. lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh I'm white and this video doesn't change my opinion of African Americans. She's just a bad egg. Race has nothing to do with it. When a white person goes nutso I don't get disappointed in our race. There's good and bad people in every color.

Quoting mrscass0416:

Thats what pisses me off, then people think we are all the same. Just a mess! I love being an african american woman then I see crap like this that makes me shake my head in disappointment. No words can describe how I feel about crap like this

AleaKat
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Same here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately, that woman acts like 90% of the black women I've come across. No wonder blacks have a hard time getting pass stereotypes. Just about every one I've met has been loud and mouthy like that and quick to want to fight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Omg...and the children...I feel so bad for those kids. The father was saying something about how messed up it was that he tased her in front of the children...what about how she was acting? What the hell?! My goodness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I want a taser.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)