Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As a black woman, I am highly embarrassed by what I just watched * Language

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is just ridiculous

You might need to sign in.. but the link in my first reply would bring you to the news sight, with the video if you don't have an account or don't want to sign into youtube

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Wow. They are great role models for their children. *sarcasm* From the mouth of one of the babies, "My Mama will KNOCK YOU OUT!" Those poor kids need to be taken away.

This is so sad. How can people really behave like this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That is too bad.  I am a black woman also.  However, I feel no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed because of another individual's behavior.  

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That is embarressing for people, women and all black people too. Now that was an extreme example, but I don't understand why so many black women think being so tough and quick to anger makes them seem better, cooler, or whatever they're thinking. Even when they're in the wrong. Over things SOOO SMALL! Things you can just say, "Oh I'm sorry." too. I see it so often. Recently, we were at the mall and I bumped into BARELY TOUCHING a TINY 1 year old walking. She kind of swayed around. I was like "I'm sorry." Then the mom, "YOU NEED TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOIN!". The baby could barely walk, and it's the mall, there is people everywhere. She really would have been better in astroller if you don't want anyone to knock her over. I was with my husband and kids. So, I NEVER say things to people, but I did. We started arguing, I wanted to prove my point. Then I realized I was being sucked into this trash! I said a great one liner, and walked off while she stood there, mouth agape.

A week later at the mall, a car came in and parked facing us and hit our bumper as we're walking up. My husband goes and knocks on the window. There were two black women in the car and he says, "Excuse me, you just hit my car." They reply, "NO WE Din't!" He took a picture of the cars touching and showed them and said, "Uh, yes, you did." They looked and saw it and got SO MAD, they started yelling and cussing. He said, "look hood rats, just back up so I can see if there is damage! There prolly isn't, I just came to ask if you could reverse, see if anything is wrong and that's it." They were shocked, so they reversed, nothing was wrong. He said, "Tanks,, it's fine like I thought."

Those were two things that happened so recently and we have countless stories like this. NOTHING HAPPENED! These things didn't have to become incidents. If they would have just stayed calm and said sorry, thank you. I just shook my head both times thinking about how they're not helping any causes. It's sad. Pride? I have no clue.

TattoodMommy19
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I laughed so hard.
She deserved it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I want the rest of the story. Like this woman realized what a horrible person she is and got counseling to better herself as her kids were placed with appropriate role models to raise them.

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I think the worst part of this is the kids are joining in with the mom.... Then starts freaking out when she starts getting violent... This is just sad to watch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I can't find the humor in this. My jaw is on the floor. Never in my life have I ever seen people behaving so badly. In front of children. Learning from their role models. Sad. It makes me want to cry.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I laughed so hard.
She deserved it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately I used to be scared of black women because I grew up in a predominately black area and I was bullied by black girls. Some of the black girls wouldn't even let us go to church, they'd meet us at the gate and threaten us. I remember wishing I could be black so I'd fit in. As I got older and out of that area I met some black women I adored and became good friends with that helped me to see the ones I was raised around are not the norm. And there are so many beautiful black people out there that do not get any recognition.

Quoting mrscass0416:

See and thats just it. I knew a few girls in highschool that acted this way. Just sad and pathetic. There are  plenty of us out there that have sense and don't behave this way. But you won't see that recorded. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand why it bothers you. Where I live, a lot of black women act like that. I am going to sound horrible but for the longest time I did not like black women because of how they acted. I had no problems with men, I have even fallen in love with a couple when I was younger, but I found the women to be too loud and mouthy. I have had some really good friends that were black women but they never acted like the others. But I am aware that a few bad apples should not ruin a whole barrel.

Quoting mrscass0416:

See and thats sad. This is why it bothers me

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately, that woman acts like 90% of the black women I've come across. No wonder blacks have a hard time getting pass stereotypes. Just about every one I've met has been loud and mouthy like that and quick to want to fight.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Not offended at all :-)....sorry you had a rough experience growing up! But I'm glad that you haven't let those experiences ruin your preception of black women-so many people who go through similar situation do let it ruin their perceptions

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand what you're saying and if I came across as offensive I am sorry. Almost my whole life I have lived in a predominately black area and a lot of the women there act like the woman in the video. I was so shy and timid in school because the girls were such bullies. My siblings and I couldn't even go to church because the black kids would meet us at the gate and threaten us and the adults supported it. In my experience growing up and as a young adult, some black women are just hateful. But I have met some black women that I became good friends with and they never acted like the woman in the video. Like I said to another reply, I am aware a few bad apples don't spoil the barrel.

Quoting LNLMommy:

Maybe that is your experience but it truly is far from the norm...its sad that 90% of black women you have encountered have acted in such a way but it most certainly does not represent the way black women behave on a regular basis....

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately, that woman acts like 90% of the black women I've come across. No wonder blacks have a hard time getting pass stereotypes. Just about every one I've met has been loud and mouthy like that and quick to want to fight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

It sad that most black people are upstanding folks and this is what defines them to some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN