Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF!! Now what. MIL problem and a big one too. Need urgent advice. UPDATE. Called and spoke to dh. Update on bottom of response page 13.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
Ok so anyone that knows me knows me knows I'm all for a healthy MIL/DIL relationship Esp. if you live with your inlaws. Dh and I or better said dh has been paying all of the bill for about a yr now without charging my in laws bc of lack of work and funds which was alright. But now my MIL wants him to pay full rent which would put us in a very tight spot. She some how has this stupid idea that we are rich just bc dh works 6 days a wk. we pay around $2000-$3000 a month in total with bills and rent and groceries and dh barely makes 1000.00 or less a week. He dropped this bomb on me last night when we went grocery shopping and I told him I was gonna work hen bc it's not fair for him alone to maintain a house of nine esp when there are two grown ass kids that are of legal working age who refuse to work bc they are embarrassed some one they know will see them. He told me not to say anything to my mil yet. I was like fine. So fast forward to today. Mil makes a snide remark about how both my SIL's gave her money to help out with rent bc she wouldn't make it without it and the. Proceeds in telling me she doesn't know how dh can't pay all by himself if he's working sooo good. That is when I snapped and told her that he alone cannot maintain the house and bills by himself and I was gonna begin looking for work. Immediately she turns on the martyr face and tells me she is gonn tell him i front of me that when sil moves into new house she is leaving with her bc I said she is a burden. WTF!!! I never sad that Nd told her this clearly and she flat out said well if he can't do it by himself it's like you are letting me know that we're becoming a burden so just you wait tip he gets home and I will tell him what you just said. Of great now she is gonna pull a guilt trip on him saying I said something I never did and dh and I are gonna have a problem!!!! Sorry it's so long. I just don't know if I should wait for dh to come home or call him and let him know about his moms latest drama rant please no bashing cuz I will get ugly

UPDATE:

Just got off of the phone with dh told him what happened and he said he had never told her he was working great. So I just let him know what I said what she said and WHY I said what I did. He just frowned and said why would she think tha I said I had no damn clue but that she wanted to tell him what I said to her i front of me. So he said not to worry and just mumbled my mom and her problems. Now I feel kinda bad bc now he's gonna b thinking of this til he gets home. Wish us luck mamas
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love060708kids
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM
5 moms liked this

Give him a heads up and let him know that you told her you were going to start working to help provide income since she's going to start charging rent.  Tell him the truth.

LynBoz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Okay, so...MIL and SIL both live with you?  They expect you to keep them up and pay the bills..?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

you should tell him what she said first...at least then he wont feel shocked at you before u can explain kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call him and tell him the conversation first. 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Move out and let them be grown ups
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Whyyyyy are you living with them?? Do they work?? Are they in your house?? Tell them to get out!! If your in their house why haven't you moved already???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Mil fil and 19 yr old BIL and 17 yr old sil live with us in a four bedroom house. The rent is 1300 a month and they only pay 400 so now she doesn't wanna pay that either.

Quoting LynBoz:

Okay, so...MIL and SIL both live with you?  They expect you to keep them up and pay the bills..?

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

i would give him heads up... tell him how it happened and what all went down... thats stupid... just goes to show how crazy some can be!!!! best of luck to ya!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
He is your husband. e should have trust in you and if you day you didny say it then he should believe you it is time for him to grow up and not play his moms game. Enough is enough
two4one
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I am confused to as to who is living with who.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN