Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Think It's Rude if ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Your DH/SO's best friends or even parents still talk to his ex(s) for unimportant reasons? I'm not sure if Im the only one who thinks it's rude but I do. DF's best friends talk to his ex all the time on FB and although DF isn't friends with her, he can see their convos on his friends' page.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Yes.  

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I honestly don't see why it would bother you if his friends still have contact with her. Why should they end a friendship because your DF is no longer in a relationship with her.

3boysmommaNY
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

DH's ex is apart of the rodeo scene, and so is his (step) family, so they are always in contact.. She tried to talk to dh on fb, but he doesn't respond to her.. She is on my fb...i talk to her just because. There is one ex that will not ever get into contact with dh, or my family...she knows better lol

I trust dh, so I don't mind.. I think you have to be comfortable enough in your relationship and trust your dh enough for him to still be friends with whoever, for whatever reasons.. :)

GLO682
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM

no. i don't think its rude. i think its stupid to think that just because your dh/so is no longer with his ex that the whole family needs to stop talking to her.

i was with my ex for ten years and very much a part of his family. when we broke up, they all stopped speaking to me. i think its ridiculous.

HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

yup, i wouldn't go so well with it, i'm glad my DH's family cuts them off as soon as he does :)

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

IF his friends did, no it wouldn't bother me. Now if his family treated his ex better than me, that would bother me, but you don't stop being friends with someone just because they broke up with the person that introduced the two of you.

missamanda86
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Are you insecure about something? If not then it shouldnt bother you...jmo

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

DH's friends occasionally mention his ex, but only to say how much they hated her.  I don't mind.  ;)

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
No. Isn't rude. Why should they have to choose who to speak or not to speak to because of you? Get over it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

No. It would be completely stupid of me to try to dictate who DHs friends can and cant talk to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN