Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs , any breaks/time off?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 40 Replies
Im a stay at home mom, i have a one year old and am 7 months pregnant. Im exhausted mentally and physically. I told my husband i needed a break. Just a couple days off. His response was thats impossible.

So for other sahms, do you ever take any time for yourself besides for when the kids are asleep, if so what do you do and how do you do it ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I get EOW I normally do a deep clean of their rooms and other parts of the house. Sometimes I get my nails done or sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nap time is lovely. Take advantage of it.

Saintsational
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I go work out at least three times a week - normally twice during the week after DH gets home & Saturday morning. My kids are 15 months and 3. I was starting to go crazy until I forced myself to do something.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Now, all of my kids are in school, so I get hours and hours to myself.  On top of that I'll go out to dinner, coffee, a movie, or whatever with friends for a girl's night out.  It's taken a long time to get here though.  

When they're young it's harder to do because they demand more of your attention.  I will say that I do set things up for my husband quite nicely before I do leave for a girl's night out.  I make sure everyone is fed and bathed, then all he has to do is see them off to bed when the time comes.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I went on vaca with the girls for a weekend while dh stayed home it was awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM
No breaks...ever... I clean, cook, and take care of the kids all day every day... there's never a day when I don't have at least one of them.
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Why does he say it's impossible?

slightlyperfect

Drochmheas

Depended on what was going on at the time.

Sometimes, the situation demanded that I be available 24/7 for an extended length of time, like when the children were very young and my husband was working alot of extra hours to support us all.

Other times, I could take the time I needed.

Honestly, right now - probably not, unless you have family or friends close by to pitch in.  And I'm curious - why are you so mentally and physically exhausted?  Are you dealing with special or medical needs?

PEEK05

No I don't.

angevil53
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I go to the gym. They have dc while you work out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN