Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Alcohol mixed with Mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Moms who drink? What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atyou
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I don't drink...but I don't care if you do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

One or three is okay, but drunk isn't.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
there's nothing wrong it with unless you're getting stupid drunk in front of your kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

As long as it doesn't interfere with them taking care of their selves or their children... i see no problem with a drink with dinner, or occasionally getting a babysitter so you can go have a girls' night.

MrsVolle0904
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I personally don't drink anymore, but then again, I believe that alcoholism is a disease, and most of the time yu are likely to inherit it from yur parents. Both if my parents were hardcore drunks. My mother was also a wicked bad crack head.
I think that it is oka, tho, to go out every so often and have a few drinks. Don't make it a big habit or ever have yur kids around when yu get smashed. Get a sitter and then go out. Sober up the next day and go back to being a parent. Yur children should be yur first priority.
That's jus my opinion, tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Meh. There is nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. My SO and I are regular drinkers.

When we go to dinner we have a cocktail or two. If we are home and we feel like drinking we will. We both know out limitations and what's exceptable when to kids are here.

Now we do go away sometimes with no kids and overindulge sometimes. Good times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Think about what?  Are Moms never supposed to drink?

I think it is a complex issue.

BUT

1.  If Mom drinks while the kids are in bed or with a sitter, or otherwise cared for, WTF does it matter?
2.  If Mom is drunk by 9am and can barely handle her children, there is a problem.

Personally, I'll have a few drinks in my own home after the kids are in bed.  I don't get drunk, but I might get a bit tipsy.  I *might* have a fruity cocktail at a lunch function, but just one.  DH's office goes to lunch pretty regularly, and on summer days I do love a fruity cocktail!

I plan to teach my kids to drink responsibly.  There is no need to get so plastered you can't move or remember anything.  And, there are appropriate times and places for a drink or two.  Kids have their place, adults have theirs.  Kids don't need to be up in my business and in my glass just because I have one.  Kids can drink water while I enjoy a soda or a mixed drink.  The same as my kids might sometimes have milk or juice while I opt for water.  Adults and children are different.  I don't go to bed at 8pm because my kids do, and my kids don't stay up until 11 because I sometimes do.  So if they see Mommy with a drink, they know Mommy is making an adult choice to have a drink, and that Mommy has plans for getting everyone home safely and/or that Mommy has plans to have her responsibilities taken care of.  Whether that means Mommy is only have one small drink so she can do it herself, or Daddy is taking care of things, or a friend is helping out, it's all the same.

And if I DID choose to get drunk, I wouldn't let my kids see it.  It's not like they'd come home from soccer practice to find Mommy dancing on tables.  But if my grandparents offer to babysit for my anniversary like they sometimes do, I might indulge while my kids are safely at their house.  It's MY business, and I can choose how to conduct myself in a responsible manner with MY adult time.  (I also don't see a need to post pics of me with drinks in hand all over the internet.  Whether I am drunk or not, pictures of my sipping a cocktail usually aren't the best pics anyways.  It isn't about the booze, it is about the friends or event we are there for, and there will be pictures of that, not of Mommy sticking her face in a fishbowl-sized beverage.  If I want a pic of a crazy drink, I'll keep it in my albums, not online.) 

gabby416
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I think I like it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN