Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leaving my DD for the first time tomorrow...shes 11.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I'm leaving my DD to go out for a girls day tomorrow, first time I've ever left her..she's 11 months old, well she will be 1 on Thursday. I feel terrible, DF will be with her (her dad) and they are both sick (cold) but he still thinks I should go because I need to relax and my sister (and bff) is having a hard time with her marriage and needs some me&her time. I just am so nervous, and before everyone starts calling me obsessive/emotionally attached Tp my baby, I ENJOY being with her. I like being with her everyday, I don't need "me" time, or at least I didn't. I have my time to relax or whatever while she's sleeping, and the rest of the time I enjoy being with her so I just always have. But lately DF and I have been so stressed about money/bills etc. That I know this will be good for me too. I am just sad and scared to leave her, I trust DF 100% and he is an amazing father, very hands on. I'll be gone from like 8-about noontime. I'm going to a rummage sale about an hour away, and then hitting an outlet mall for some last minute birthday shopping. Any tips to make of easier? I'm already nervous and trying not to over think this lol. How was your first time away from your babies?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Eh. I have never had an issue with leaving my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM
*and yes I know me time is healthy, I'm hoping to make this a monthly thing and go out with my girl friends on a regular basis, I have been really overwhelmed lately so this will be good for me, I know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Bump!
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I left my girls with my husband often as babies. He loves having alone time with them. I nurse, so 5-6 hours are the most my boobs can handle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG I THOUGHT SHE WAS 11YEARS OLD! LMAO. 11 months I understand. She'll be fine and you need to leave her some times for her development as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
And I am not bashing anyone who leaves their kids earlier! I think every parents has different styles/ways that they do things and I'm not a judgemental person by nature so please do not feel as if I'm putting you down!
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

the irst time i left my oldest was when he was about 6 months old. And it was to go out with dh on a date. I left him home alone with dh when i had a job but anything other then that nope. I was a nervouse wreck. And while it was m y aunt who watched him I was still convinced she didnt know what to do with a boy lol. After a bit i calmed down and was able to enjoy my night out. But that night I cuddled him like crazy. Now 3 kids later i cant get rid o them for the life o me lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Not even at first? No judgement at all, I think it's great! I just worry a lot, I'm a major stress junkie lol so I'm just nervous probably for nothing lol

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Eh. I have never had an issue with leaving my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I had problems leaving son my son too.... my son was 10 months old before I left him with someone... I practically raised him by myself the first year so it as definately hard leaving him but I know that if I didnt do something for me and have fun for me, I would probably go crazy. I left him with my aunt and uncle for a night, (they offered before i asked), to go with a friend to ride fourwheelers at a mudbog a couple of hours away. When i got home the next day, I held him so tight because I missed him so much but I was somewhat releived because I got some me time and I was then able to get back to what I love doing.... :):)

Smokeygirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I left my son with my husband when he was a week old for a few hours. My mom and sMIL were up and I needed some nursing tops and things I couldn't send my husband for.  It was tough, but I try and go out by myself once every few weeks for a few hours.  I feel so much more "human" after going out by myself.  I pump a bottle for the baby and hug and kiss him and away I go.  I try and maintain "me" and not just let myself be sucked into "mommy", which is an easy thing to let happen.

Good luck with your short break. I'm sure it will be more traumatic for you than your little girl .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN