Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3month old baby...with a really white back gum and hard swollen cheek UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 30 Replies

screaming bloody murder for half an hr..nothing would sooth him. anyone have any ideas what it could be?

*Edited now that i am at my computer* The baby is not mine, but my SO's ..we only get an hour and a half with him every tuesday and thursday. We noticed the white starting last week and thought that it may be teething , his cheek was a little swollen but not hard. This week , nothing would sooth him...his fingers did the trick but only for a few seconds. 

We are trying to figure out all possibilities ...because i have a 10 yr old , and this just seems weird to me as well.

UPDATE: we emailed the mother and asked how he was doing and asked to know if she takes him to the Dr. what they say ...she emailed back saying she has no intention on taking him to the Dr , and that she doesnt know why we thought he was in any pain ..apparently he is acting normal. And that he was probably throwing a temper tantrum because he was tired. 

However , in the communication book she had stated that he has been waking up during the night , and that she has been having to pick him up for him to go back to sleep.

Something doesn't sound right at all ...either she is totally ignoring her child , or she is giving him orajel and not telling us this information!.

We are unable to take him to the Dr the next time we have him, for reasons i do not want to go into ...i'll just say the mother is vindictive ..but we see him under supervision.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMoonlight
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Thrush maybe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SillySally83
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Idk; I wouldn't think teething already, but stranger things have happened. Maybe call the dentist? Could be early teething and baby isn't prepared to cut it through.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Does it hurt when he touches it, like when he chews his hands?
xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
massage it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

i dunno, but 'hard swollen cheek' sounds like infection.

go to the doctor.

xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
it can happen my son had 2 top and 2 bottom teeth by the time he was 4 months old

Quoting SillySally83:

Idk; I wouldn't think teething already, but stranger things have happened. Maybe call the dentist? Could be early teething and baby isn't prepared to cut it through.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My son and daughter both started teething at about 2 months, took them forever to finally have teeth though. I was very surprised.

Quoting SillySally83:

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Try a cool teething ring and see if it's any better. I would call a pediatrician though, because of the hard cheek.
SillySally83
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I knew a girl who's baby was born with one ready to cut... poor baby lol. 

Quoting xXSoSincereXx:

it can happen my son had 2 top and 2 bottom teeth by the time he was 4 months old

Quoting SillySally83:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM
This...molars dont have until much much older

Quoting Anonymous:

i dunno, but 'hard swollen cheek' sounds like infection.

go to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN