Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

shes driving me nuts!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Ahhh. That feels better already! DH and his ex do one week on, one off with their 2 kids 11 and 13. ex and I get along great except...... she is SO used to my dh being a single, absent minded bachelor that I feel like I have a wife who is around 24/7. Five emails a day (minimum) about do we remember there is a half day tomorrow -my kids are in the same school and grade... Im aware- and whats the plan for it? Sign ups for baseball is next week - dh is coach... we know. Do you know how to monitor the lunch accts - uh my kids are 21, 19, 18 and 13... yup... been there done that once or twice and Ive been monitoring the lunch as well as the powerschool accounts daily. She really doesnt need to forward the low balance email notification bc... yup, I set it up. Its aaaaalllll set. Yes its very helpful SOMETIMES, but not ALL the time for EVERYTHING. How do I tell her that without it being weird???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Just flat out tell her that she doesn't need ot remind you of everything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Be like "hey, I know your trying to be helpful but can you chill with the emails a bit? I got this, I promise." Say it in a light mannor and be like "I dont want to step on your toes but hey" type thing.
Drochmheas
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't.

She's being cooperative and considerate.

Be grateful that you have this - many blended families don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Lol. 3 extremes for answers. I would never initiate anything negitive... I DO like her as a person as well as a coparent but I also can NOT have her in every part of my parenting and my life. Thats not even healthy for dh and I and OUR blended family so I do need to say something somehow..... ugh....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I agree with the 2nd and last line wholeheartedly but not the first....

For my family to develop in a healthy way she needs to not be a part of absolutely every part of it.

Quoting Drochmheas:

You don't.

sapphire80
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Beat her to it.  At the beginning of the week talk to her and let her know, you know what is going on that week.  Then maybe she'll feel more confident that you have it all under control and hopefully won't feel the need to remind you constantly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

It's annoying  at best but she isn't calling being mean or sexual.. She's just a mom being the kinda mom she is... I'd just not answer the phone all the time. It's really not that bad.. It's probably more her than what he thinks of. Your dh.. She'd do it anyway.. Shrugs 

robyann
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Be one step ahead of her, send all those reminders to her before she can send them to you, do it for a week or so. She'll get it, or she'll say something to you then you can tell her how you feel. From what you've said about her, I'm sure she just thinks she is being helpful. She does need to back off a bit and find her "new" place in the family. GL

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM
i agree! she sounds like a mom that wants to make sure everyone is on the same page. be glad.

Quoting Drochmheas:

You don't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM
On the same page is one thing, but its affecting my family at this point. She is 'the mom' in my home...... its not the way a healthy family should be.

Quoting prettymomma1204:

i agree! she sounds like a mom that wants to make sure everyone is on the same page. be glad.

Quoting Drochmheas:

You don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)