Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I made my son sit for 2 minutes with a bar of soap in his mouth. *edit to update* **edit 2 to add

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
4 moms liked this

My son's behaviour since November has been out of countrol.  He is 7 years old and he has been above and beyond defiant.  He has been contrary and argumentative just for arguments sake. 

He is disciplined with timeouts and toys being taken away.  It has gotten to the point where he literally has nothing in his room but furniture.  

Today I asked him to leave the cat alone.  He said "no, I can do what I want!"

I told him to sit in time out, he said "no! I dont have to do a time out" and then went on to rail on and on about using a timer, and the time out chair.  I told him to hush and he said "no I wont! Youre just a stupid bitch and you cant tell me what to do so fuck you"

So he had a bar of soap in his mouth for 2 mins, he got to rinse out and he is now sitting quietly in his time out.

BTW, he HAS seen a doctor, many of them in fact.  He doesn't have any disorders and anything of the like.  He is a willful child.  He has always been difficult to manage and since November he has been worse.

He came out of time out and made a beeline to the cat.  I gently reminded himthat he just got in trouble for bugging her and the attitude came right back.   In time out again already. I am so fed up.

ETA:

to answer "what happened in November" and "where is he learning this?"

He learned this language from his father, he was a toxic abusive jerk.  He'd had biweekly wknd vistis since ds was 2 (ds is 7).  He had all parental rights including access removed by the courts, petitioned by children's services.  My son reported some of his dad's behaviour to a teacher.  Parental Alientation was one of the reasons he lost all rights.  Losing all rights is not common in my Country.  It was pretty bad.

This November was my son's b-day.  He had thought he would see his dad on bdays and xmas still (I dont know where he got that).  When it was explained (gently and at his level) that wouldnt happen, is when the behaviour really escalated.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM

WOW! That is being a defiant little butt, I hope I am never in that situation. Eeek good luck with him momma.

babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

wow.... i hope i would never have to go through that.

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
4 moms liked this
My grandparents used to squirt dawn dish soap on my tongue for less.

Kids have to have tangible consequences for their actions.
You certainly didn't hurt him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Yikes, good luck!

brittany208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

wow. (his behavior).

he should be glad you are his mom, bc I would have done much worse! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
9 moms liked this
Last time I checked soaps are not edible.
armstrong7984
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Lol my mom did this to me for cussing and ill I learned to do is run faster so she couldn't catch me. She never tried it again.
kattu
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this
What happened in November?
Cheeks09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

hes gunna fart bubbles :o)

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Id figure out what is going on with him. Also look at periods of equilibrium and unrest....there are certain ages where children naturally habe issues becuase of development. Its not the worst ive heard on here but im not into physical punishments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)