Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

First baby gift ideas?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

My bff just found out she is FINALLY pregnant after her 4th IVF. I want to send her a huge basket full of gender neutral baby things. I already know I am putting in : diapers, wipes, socks, onezies (sp?), nose suckers, and a baby thermometer. What else should I send a brand new expecting mama?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

BUMP!

brittany208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM

A teddy bear? picture frame? little hat? bibs?

BabyGsMommy11
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Honestly, I'd give her something small and meaningful to mark this occassion. Then, sometime after the end of the 1st trimester, put that big ass basket of goodies together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anitarichman
by Anita on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

baby shampoo and wash.  Bibs. Desitin.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

She already asked me not to buy her anything until she hits 14 weeks. But I just want to have the basket ready. I knew she would get pregnant this cycle, just like I know she will carry this baby to term, so I want to have it ready for her.

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

Honestly, I'd give her something small and meaningful to mark this occassion. Then, sometime after the end of the 1st trimester, put that big ass basket of goodies together.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I would put in a bath cloth cover. They have cute ones at Walmart, I got my son a monkey with a guitar. It helps them stay warm and not so frustrated in the water...plus if she has a boy it'll help him not pee all over himself. 
Diaper rash cream would be awesome too...
If she's getting a diaper pail get her some disposable bags for that because they run out pretty quickly.
That's pretty much all I can think of :)  

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
vanellope
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Hooded towels, washcloths, individual wrapped alcohol pads (for the u-cord care), scratch mittens, gowns (a lifesaver for me when ds was newborn), nursing pads, lanisoh cream, pacifiers, What to expect the first year book, a small lovey/teddy for baby, etc

Congrats to your friend. Prayers for a healthy baby and healthy mama
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM

OOh I love these ideas!

Quoting skittlefart:

I would put in a bath cloth cover. They have cute ones at Walmart, I got my son a monkey with a guitar. It helps them stay warm and not so frustrated in the water...plus if she has a boy it'll help him not pee all over himself. 
Diaper rash cream would be awesome too...
If she's getting a diaper pail get her some disposable bags for that because they run out pretty quickly.
That's pretty much all I can think of :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)