Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think? Honestly.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: what do you think

Options:

amateur

not my style but not bad

love it

not sure how I feel about it

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

of this artwork

I've blocked out the signatures on some of it that's what the black lines are

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
JadensMommy2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I like the first one
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM

digital painting...yea there's an app for that

if i wasnt at work with not so great reception i'd download an app on my phone now and make one for you

my son has an app on his ipad that when he paints it looks just like that. he has about 10 different painting/drawing apps that all do different things. one of them even lets him draw in different textures. so he can pick chalk, colored pencils, markers, crayons, etc. and each of them looks just as different as if you colored with each of those objects on a real paper.

if you like what you do that's awsome tho...i'm not saying their awful or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh. There isn't anything added to these though. They are just painted. They aren't effects or manipulated pictures. It's just digital painting.

Quoting lilbit53009:

my 3.5yo does it all the time

i can paint a picture and then add an effect to make it look like that. or i can take a picture i've already taken and add effects to make it look like that too.

i use an app called Pic Art mostly...but there are hundreds of apps to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit53009:

it looks kinda cool i guess...but any smart phone can do that with an app. so i'm not really sure someone should be signing them and presenting them as art

I'm confused as how a smart phone can do it. Please explain. I don't really do anything like that on a phone. So there are painting apps on phones? Wouldn't you still need to be able to paint the picture with your fingers? That seems like it would be tiny and very hard to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

no don't be sorry. I'm interested in your opinion. 

Quoting Anonymous:

All of them look gloomy to me. Even thought the others are colorful, the paint looks to be bleeding in a way. I'm sorry. It could just be me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks drab and gloomy.

do you find them all to be gloomy or just the dead guy and the swamp?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I was just trying to understand what you meant by an app that can do that. With a painting app you would still have to be able to draw though that was what I was asking.

Quoting lilbit53009:

if i wasnt at work with not so great reception i'd download an app on my phone now and make one for you

my son has an app on his ipad that when he paints it looks just like that. he has about 10 different painting/drawing apps that all do different things. one of them even lets him draw in different textures. so he can pick chalk, colored pencils, markers, crayons, etc. and each of them looks just as different as if you colored with each of those objects on a real paper.

if you like what you do that's awsome tho...i'm not saying their awful or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh. There isn't anything added to these though. They are just painted. They aren't effects or manipulated pictures. It's just digital painting.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i can paint a picture and then add an effect to make it look like that. or i can take a picture i've already taken and add effects to make it look like that too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit53009:

it looks kinda cool i guess...but any smart phone can do that with an app. so i'm not really sure someone should be signing them and presenting them as art

I'm confused as how a smart phone can do it. Please explain. I don't really do anything like that on a phone. So there are painting apps on phones? Wouldn't you still need to be able to paint the picture with your fingers? That seems like it would be tiny and very hard to do.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

That looks like it was done with an app on a phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM
My phone has an app to make pictures that look just like that, so....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

Love the first two!

thank you

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM
It has some merit. Some of it I like, like the last one, I don't care much for the first one.
After going to the modern art museum and seeing a TV sitting on top of a refrigerator and a painting that was a purple canvas, I realized that the definition of "art" is highly subjective and much more vast than I imagined...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My phone has an app to make pictures that look just like that, so....

so you are saying you have equal or better artistic ability. I'm just trying to understand what people mean about app that do that. You would still have to draw it right?

lilbit53009
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM

i'm confused on what you mean then lol

in real life when i think drawing i think using a pen/pencil type instrument and when i think of painting i think of a paint brush

on the app you can use either a pen/pencil type thing OR a paint brush. but i guess you're doing it all with your finger. so i dunno if you'd consider that drawing or painting?

how do you do those? if your digitally painting?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just trying to understand what you meant by an app that can do that. With a painting app you would still have to be able to draw though that was what I was asking.

Quoting lilbit53009:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit53009:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit53009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)