Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child will have my last name

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why, because I am the one who will be pregnant for 9 months and I am the one who will give birth. Not to mention, as CP I will more then likely be the one filling out the paper work for doctors offices and school and everything else.

My ex thinks the child should have his last name, I think that is a privilege for men who marry the mothers other their babies. He didn't he wanted to stay single and only pay child support, not have the responsibility of a family so IMO this is the consequence, she will have my last name.

Oh, BTW before y'all start, I know she is half his but she is also half mine, she has to have one of our last names (I don't want to hyphenate because we both have long last names, kindergarten will be hard enough as it is  without having to spell out both of them.)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I see no problem with that

Megshere
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I agree. If you aren't even together, then I think the child should have the same name as you.

Photobucket

newmommy031309
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Agreed if he doesnt want the responsibility then he doeant deserve for his last name to be carried on..
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM
If I were unmarried at the time of giving birth I also would have given my children my last name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I might be a bit traditional, but my daughter has her fathers last name, and all my children will have their fathers last name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
My son has both of our last names but its 10 letters all together. Idk what I'm going to do with the childs last name that I am currently pregnant with. No its not the same dad.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Good for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I agree with you

surromama
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured