Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For women who have been cheated on and stayed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

How did you find it in your heart to forgive him? How long did it take? Did the feeling of resentment and disgust ever go away? Was it worth pulling through? 

I feel like total crap. He wants another chance and we just had a baby girl.... she needs her dad, but I'm hurting so bad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

i can understand that your baby girl needs her dad.but i also understand 100% that you are hurting..belive me.i went threw it.i gave my ex another chance and that is why he is my ex now..but its up to you if you want to give him another chance..

tifbrown
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't help you. I was cheated on once by a long term boyfriend and I never got over it. I stayed with him for like a year after, but the hurt and mistrust never went away. Eventually it ripped us apart. If you really want to get through it I would suggest individual and couples counselling. Get the tools you need to help yourself and your relationship. Kids are a reason to put in the extra effort, but not a reason to stay. Give it a try and a fair effort. But, know that if you can't get past it, it's ok to walk away. Good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I stayed and I just now in the past 3-4 months have trusted him completely again, he cheated over 4 years ago.  I am sure it varies and not everyone takes that long, but it took me that long and he payed for it for a while.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I love him, and I know I am not perfect either. That is why I decided to forgive him. It took a while, there are timesd when I think about it and I do feel gross and disgust. But those moments are brief. I remind myself that I decided to stay and love him, forgive him and work things out. I was 6 months pregnant and our baby is now 4 months. We are happy now. He is working hard to keep me happy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Counseling and communication. It has been almost a year and I am getting to where I trust him, everyone is different. Do you have access to passwords, cell phone?
BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

The good things outweighted the bad by far.. We had 2 son on I had just given birth to, I was about 25 and I told myself divorce aint something that I want.  And I am not trying to bring another man into my sons life.  I made up in my mind that I will forgive and move on, it hurt like HELL...I am not sure how long it lasted because I cant tell exactly when it went away.  I do not regret on moment that I have stayed because both of us became better persons.  I must admitt he is better now than he was before he cheated.   But guess what, I am not the only one.  I know a few ladies from my church that stayed with their husbands and they to feel as if their husbands are better than they were before.

Join: Health/Wealthy Mom

It does not matter where you are but where you are goin.      

~Tough times do not last, Tough people do!~

Abbysmom1215
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM
You just do. Seek counseling, talk. Let this be a turning point in your marriage. He needs to know it's going to take time for him to earn trust back. It's definitely not easy, but I'm glad I stayed and our marriage is stronger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I was cheated on a year ago. Our son was 2 months at the time :/
I stayed for the sake of family.. & honestly, its still so hard for me. The resentment tends to fade but the trust issues never do. I have severe insecurity issues as well!
Its really tough but its something I need to deal with since I chose to stay. I love seeing my son with his father and family time makes me really happy!

Your SO needs to want to change and he needs to show that he's all in! If not then you know what you need to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I feel. I'm so disgusted with him, but I don't ever want to bring another man into her life. And if I ever do want another kid, then I don't want different fathers...

Quoting BeautyFull:

The good things outweighted the bad by far.. We had 2 son on I had just given birth to, I was about 25 and I told myself divorce aint something that I want.  And I am not trying to bring another man into my sons life.  I made up in my mind that I will forgive and move on, it hurt like HELL...I am not sure how long it lasted because I cant tell exactly when it went away.  I do not regret on moment that I have stayed because both of us became better persons.  I must admitt he is better now than he was before he cheated.   But guess what, I am not the only one.  I know a few ladies from my church that stayed with their husbands and they to feel as if their husbands are better than they were before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)