Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For women who have been cheated on and stayed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How did you find it in your heart to forgive him? How long did it take? Did the feeling of resentment and disgust ever go away? Was it worth pulling through? 

I feel like total crap. He wants another chance and we just had a baby girl.... she needs her dad, but I'm hurting so bad. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Replies (91-94):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I thought the same thing. Married people get cheated on too. I loved him  just the same as I would have if we were married.

Quoting monkeymom1104:

What's a piece of paper have to do with it? Just because she's not married doesn't mean her relationship means any less.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see a problem. You aren't married...so the commitment wasn't made. You had sex, had a relationship, you had a child, but aren't married.

Without knowing his true reasons for "cheating" on you, I don't think we can give advice.

It often is really just a fling for sex and ego stroking. One thing about men is they can disconnect an affair from the feeling of love and affection they have for their SO/wife. It could have been "just sex." If so, you can certainly patch up the relationship. If he had an emotional attachment, you can kiss your future with him good-bye.

Sex belongs within the bounds of marriage. Period.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't get how you can cheat after having such a wonderful gift...and we were getting along. I just don't understand. I feel so disgusted, betrayed, and miserable. And so sad for our daughter if I were to leave for good. We are no longer living together, called off our wedding, and I'm having a hard time communicating with him. 
He is calling, messaging, crying....I just don't know.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I was cheated on a year ago. Our son was 2 months at the time :/

I stayed for the sake of family.. & honestly, its still so hard for me. The resentment tends to fade but the trust issues never do. I have severe insecurity issues as well!

Its really tough but its something I need to deal with since I chose to stay. I love seeing my son with his father and family time makes me really happy!

Your SO needs to want to change and he needs to show that he's all in! If not then you know what you need to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Actually it does. He just proved it by walking out. Nothing else has to be done to end the relationship.

Quoting monkeymom1104:

What's a piece of paper have to do with it? Just because she's not married doesn't mean her relationship means any less.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see a problem. You aren't married...so the commitment wasn't made. You had sex, had a relationship, you had a child, but aren't married.

Without knowing his true reasons for "cheating" on you, I don't think we can give advice.

It often is really just a fling for sex and ego stroking. One thing about men is they can disconnect an affair from the feeling of love and affection they have for their SO/wife. It could have been "just sex." If so, you can certainly patch up the relationship. If he had an emotional attachment, you can kiss your future with him good-bye.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't get how you can cheat after having such a wonderful gift...and we were getting along. I just don't understand. I feel so disgusted, betrayed, and miserable. And so sad for our daughter if I were to leave for good. We are no longer living together, called off our wedding, and I'm having a hard time communicating with him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I stayed for the sake of family.. & honestly, its still so hard for me. The resentment tends to fade but the trust issues never do. I have severe insecurity issues as well!

Its really tough but its something I need to deal with since I chose to stay. I love seeing my son with his father and family time makes me really happy!

Your SO needs to want to change and he needs to show that he's all in! If not then you know what you need to do.

monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Your always gonna have the crazy people coming oit of the woodwork. I was married for 12 years and my husband still cheated and impregnated a 20 year old and we where together 15 years, so yea... I guess he missed your memo, you crazy lady

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought the same thing. Married people get cheated on too. I loved him  just the same as I would have if we were married.

Quoting monkeymom1104:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bonnie555
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:50 AM

it is possible to make it work, very, very hard but possible. i know someone who believes that her husbands affair saved her marriage as it showed how screwed up their relationship was and forced them into counselling. good luck, this is so, so hard...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)