Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that would stay with a cheater...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

Hypothetically of course

If you were to stay with the person that cheated on you, do the counseling, work it out, things are better (not great but getting better) and the mistress/one night stand comes to your door with a kid, DNA test that you order says he is the father, what do you do next? Would that be a betrayal all over again? Could you stay through that? No Poll this time ladies. I want to know what you would do.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I would imagine that if I could forgive him for his indiscretion , I could learn to manage my feelings about an innocent child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM
For the sake of all children (ours and the other woman's) I would try to work it out as long as she isn't a psycho. It's not the new kid's fault what it was born into.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM
This, but at the same time, it would depend on the intentions of the mistress. If she is civilized and wants to make things work for him to be in the child's life, then we could work through it somehow, no matter how tough. The child shouldn't have to suffer regardless.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I would imagine that if I could forgive him for his indiscretion , I could learn to manage my feelings about an innocent child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

It did happen to me...you would not believe how unstable this woman is. She has not allowed my husband(he's an amazing father) to be in the childs life at all or for the kid to meet her siblings. She won't even give a dna test but she damn sure wants cs. She is a pig and doesn't deserve to be a mother. My dumbass husband had a moment of weakness with a chick thats been stalking and obsessing over him the whole time we were together...trust me I'm not exaggerating this chick is movie of the week psycho...we've given up on trying to get her to be an adult and have left the situation alone so we can focus on our children and marriage and I guess when she feels healed (rolls eyes) she'll let him know when he can be the father he wants to be...

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I would leave. Well, he would leave. I have 0 interest in being a stepmother. He can deal with the consequences of his indescretions on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I would leave and then he would be paying child support for 3 children instead of just his illegitimate one. I would aslo probably file for spousal support.

Luna091306
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No, no, no. Sorry, I wouldn't want to deal with any of that. I would be gone. It's hard enough dealing with an ex-wife, no way I would want to add a mistress/baby mama into that mix. Fuck that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
This sounds like a Lifetime network movie. This is what is in the dictionary under nightmare. I could maybe forgive the cheating if it were a one time thing, but the kid puts it into a different ball game. I just can't imagine how it would hurt our children. I would be devastated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope he isn't pay child support if there hasn't been a dna test. Man, I could not handle that.

Quoting Anonymous:

It did happen to me...you would not believe how unstable this woman is. She has not allowed my husband(he's an amazing father) to be in the childs life at all or for the kid to meet her siblings. She won't even give a dna test but she damn sure wants cs. She is a pig and doesn't deserve to be a mother. My dumbass husband had a moment of weakness with a chick thats been stalking and obsessing over him the whole time we were together...trust me I'm not exaggerating this chick is movie of the week psycho...we've given up on trying to get her to be an adult and have left the situation alone so we can focus on our children and marriage and I guess when she feels healed (rolls eyes) she'll let him know when he can be the father he wants to be...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Hmmm...it sounds as though you have placed all the blame on this woman.  Don't blame her because he couldn't control himself, she may have pursued him but he obviously was interested or else he wouldn't have slept with her. There is no such thing as immacualte conception.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)