Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a way to block a company from taking money out of my account?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I signed up for a monthly service that sends stuff to you every month and you are automatically charged for it.

In December, well in advance before the next billing/shipment, I canceled my subscription because I do not want this monthly service anymore.

They charged me about a week later for January's shipment.  I e-mailed them, as I no longer had access to the site that it is shipped from since I am no longer a member, and they apologized that they had not taken my info off but had received my cancelation.  They refunded my money.

Fast forward to January 23, and they just took out the monthly subscription fee AGAIN for February.  OMFG I DO NOT WANT THIS GOD DAMN SERVICE ANYMORE AND DO NOT WANT TO BE CHARGED FOR IT.  Once they refund me again, is there a way to block them having access to my account info? Like I said, I can no longer access the member site to just take my banking info off because I am no longer a member because I canceled two freaking months ago.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tab022308
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Just call your bank and report it as unauthorized payment

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Call customer service and ask for the legal department. When they ask why, simply explain that you'd like to have a contact person for your lawyer to contact directly if a charge shows up in March because this is getting out of control.

bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

talk to your bank, tell them x company keeps charging you for a service you dont have, and the bank will take care of it

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

No Idea. i'd call your bank and ask them.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Did you set it up directly through your checking account or a debit card? I had that problem and since it was through a debit card I just canceled the card and the charges stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Call your bank.

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Ask your bank :)

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Call again and cancel it again.  Get some sort of reference number showing that you cancelled it.  Then, call the bank and explain the situation with them.  Tell them that you've cancelled with them three times and you have a reference/confirmation number.  They should block the company.  They may charge you for it, depending on what bank it is.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

momma0ffive
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

your bank can stop it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)