Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE AFTER YOUR BABY WAS BORN???!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies

So, I'm currently pregnant and haven't been to college yet. I am wanting to do something great with my life to provide for my soon to be son. 

Please answer me this question.....

-What could I do that wouldn't take long to complete? I was thinking LVN, Xray tech, ect??? I will be furthering my education after that. 

OR should I commit to a degree that would take me longer to complete, but would benifit me greater in the long run? And what sort of suggestions do you have? Teaching? Ect.....

I know I shoud've gone to school first, but life happens. At least I want to do better, and am not willing to settle.

Advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :) 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I'm a single mom currently in college. I would get some sort of 2 year degree that you can build on. A lot of the things you can do quickly will never provide enough stability (financially) to be comfortable. I am going for my RN then bridge to BNS

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

What will you be doing with your BNS? How long are you going for your RN? Are you going to a university or a vocational school? I'm very lost on what path to take. 

Quoting LauraMH:

I'm a single mom currently in college. I would get some sort of 2 year degree that you can build on. A lot of the things you can do quickly will never provide enough stability (financially) to be comfortable. I am going for my RN then bridge to BNS

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

B

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

U

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

no but I plan on going back to School in the Spring :)

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Nope, should have though..never to late right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I'm 28 and I have 3 kids 7,6 and 2 months. I just started back after 8 years of not going. I wish I would have waited another semester. I had my baby at the end of nov and having a hard time with hw. It didn't help I had to have surgery the first week of school. I'm going for nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

NEVER too late!! :) You'll make your children very proud.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Nope, should have though..never to late right?

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I just changed majors from sonography to nursing so I have been in school (part time) for 2 years now. After this semester I have 3 more to go of prerequisites then 2 years (4 semesters) of nursing school. Because I have already several classes that where not considered prerequisites for the RN program they will count towards my BSN. When you have a bachelors you are able to get into managerial positions which I would like to do after a few years of working. I have not decided if I will continue and get my masters but it is always a possibility. With nursing there are so many options and areas to choose from. It's a never ending study and you are able to help other people too.

I have always wanted to be a nurse but had talked myself out of it thinking I couldn't do it. My dd has been very sick since birth (shes 6 now) so I have seen MANY nurses over the years and I thought I could never be that good. But I can and I will. It is such a wonderful career and I can not wait to get started. Of, and I go to a community college right now but will switch to a university for my bachelors.

Quoting Anonymous:

What will you be doing with your BNS? How long are you going for your RN? Are you going to a university or a vocational school? I'm very lost on what path to take. 

Quoting LauraMH:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

LVN? RN? Vocational school or university? I'm trying to get all the info first hand from other mothers so I can decide what route to take. 

Quoting mommyof11050307:

I'm 28 and I have 3 kids 7,6 and 2 months. I just started back after 8 years of not going. I wish I would have waited another semester. I had my baby at the end of nov and having a hard time with hw. It didn't help I had to have surgery the first week of school. I'm going for nursing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)