Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teach your kid some manners!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 37 Replies

honestly! my daughter is 4 1/2 and has hearing loss which has caused a articulation delay (pronouncing words). a child, about 10-12ish for no good reason went up to my daughter while she was playing and told her she was stupid and to to stop playing with the toys and get on her "short bus"......wth??? shes tests two year above her peers (she is in all 1st grade work) but just because she cant pronounce words shes stupid? then i told the mother what her son said and that it was very rude and hurt dd's feeling and she said "well how do you expect him to act when he hears someone who sounds stupid? speech is a good indication of IQ"....really? i ended up goign to the front and explaining the situation and asked if we could just wait in the back (not in a room because i know there is others before us) and she let us wait in the brake room. dh thinks i was to passive lol what would you have done?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Where was this?

MrsImperfect
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
That brat definitely gets it from his mother. Sorry your daughter will have to endure that until something changes. Unfortunately. We live in a cruel world. My son has tourettes and gets picked on pretty bad. More so by adults.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM

at our pediatrician 

Quoting o.O....:

Where was this?

o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM

That's ridiculous. And if some little brat had spoken to my child like that I would have told him what I thought about his behavior without speaking to his parent first.

Quoting SimplyErathy:

at our pediatrician 

Quoting o.O....:

Where was this?

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awful but you see exactly where he gets his manners. Where did this happen?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't asked her what she thought about Einstein. He didn't start talking until he was 4.
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Wow.

Quoting SimplyErathy:

at our pediatrician 

Quoting o.O....:

Where was this?

SimplyErathy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

:( thats messed up.

shes been in speech since she was 18 months old and through two surgeries now and soon will be getting aids. she also wears glasses so that def does not help with how she is treated...i think she is cute and looks very smart in them though ;)

Quoting MrsImperfect:

That brat definitely gets it from his mother. Sorry your daughter will have to endure that until something changes. Unfortunately. We live in a cruel world. My son has tourettes and gets picked on pretty bad. More so by adults.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Omg! I would have punched her lol. 

Lalalie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Where were you?

Oh my.

That lady needed someone's fist in her face, if the kids weren't around. Sorry you, and your daughter had to deal with that shit.

I don't like her. Man. I want to hurt her. Some things get under my skin, pretty badly. Like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)