Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Ok so I prefer to stay in the south but i'm getting to the point of not caring as long as it's a good safe place.

So where do you live? What's it like? How are schools? As much detail as possible. I hate change and am scared out of my mind to move but this state sucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Bump!
AprilDJC
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Tx. Im near Austin. Its a great place to live, good schools where I am. If u want more info, message me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in Louisiana. Terrebonne Parish. It's meh. Louisiana as a whole is pretty sucky as far as schools and whatnot, which is always important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Nc
skittlefart
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

South, hot as fuck (actually it's quite nice out lately :) no rain ever though) I live in North Texas and As far as I know the schools are pretty good. I mean there are kids that do their bad stuff like drugs around there but there isn't really a high count of bullies in my town. A lot of the people are REALLY nice, and the kids usually are as long as you are nice to them too. The "cliques" really seem to get along pretty well also. My town is small so we don't really have too much crime here either... the drivers are stupid as fuck though, that's for sure. And if you get bored here, we're on the boarder of 3 other big cities that are short distance you can do tons of things. That's pretty much it..

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Do you like it there? What's it like? I've never really traveled as an adult so I am clueless and city data is just not the same as real ppl that live there's info.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nc

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I have never lived in NC, but I spent a month out there one summer and it was BEAUTIFUL. The area we were in was pretty safe from what I could tell based on the news, it was a small area but not far from cities. I'm not sure about the schools, you'd have to look into that. We were in Shelby, NC. I would love to move there one day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I'm in MS so I know all about the heat though it has been pleasant...of course it's Feb..lol. Are the rattlesnakes and scorpions bad? I'd actually want a small town. Something w/land preferrably. I'd honestly like to have horses again. But...i'm a city girl too so I don't want to be TOO far from restaurants and things. Honestly I don't care about the mall but some type of clothing store would be nice. :) Is it expensive to live there?

Quoting skittlefart:

South, hot as fuck (actually it's quite nice out lately :) no rain ever though) I live in North Texas and As far as I know the schools are pretty good. I mean there are kids that do their bad stuff like drugs around there but there isn't really a high count of bullies in my town. A lot of the people are REALLY nice, and the kids usually are as long as you are nice to them too. The "cliques" really seem to get along pretty well also. My town is small so we don't really have too much crime here either... the drivers are stupid as fuck though, that's for sure. And if you get bored here, we're on the boarder of 3 other big cities that are short distance you can do tons of things. That's pretty much it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Thanks! :) i'll look it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never lived in NC, but I spent a month out there one summer and it was BEAUTIFUL. The area we were in was pretty safe from what I could tell based on the news, it was a small area but not far from cities. I'm not sure about the schools, you'd have to look into that. We were in Shelby, NC. I would love to move there one day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Western KY!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)