Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

synthetic marijuana

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A teenage girl from Texas suffered from multiple strokes after smoking synthetic marijuana – leaving her brain damaged, blind and paralyzed, the Independent reported.

Seventeen-year-old Emily Bauer, from Cypress, Texas, purchased the fake marijuana at a local gas station with friends in December. Just 15 minutes after smoking it, Emily said she had a migraine and wanted to lie down.

Later on, the police were called to restrain Emily, after she suffered from a series of strokes – which ultimately triggered a psychotic state. She ended up having violent hallucinations, running into walls and urinating on herself, according to the Independent.

Her friends and family hoped to dissuade her from taking the drug again once its effects wore off. But 24 hours later, Emily was still having hallucinations and trying to hurt herself.

Doctors decided to put Emily in a medically induced coma in order to run tests on her brain. They discovered her seizures were a result of severe vasculitis – an inflammation of the blood vessels, ultimately restricting blood and oxygen flow to the brain.

Over time, pressure on Emily’s brain became so intense that her doctors had to drill a hole in her skull to provide some relief. Doctors told her family more than 70 percent of her brain was ‘dead’ and she would neither recognize her family or be able to use her arms and legs again. However, after the family decided to remove her breathing tube, Emily began to show signs of recovery – even telling her mother she loved her at one point.

anyone ever hear of this ? why can you buy it  at gas staions ?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
Destiny907
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow... when something is SO safe and EASY to just grow your own..... no one should have to go buy it! So so so so sad.

When will we just stop the anti-pot madness?

Cochise
by Dawn on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM

It was available around here not too long ago at gas stations... but they outlawed it. Only way to find it would be on the street...and I wouldn't touch it !! 

Cochise
by Dawn on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Natural Marijuana is the way to go... it is stupid that it is against the law in so many states.

Quoting Destiny907:

Wow... when something is SO safe and EASY to just grow your own..... no one should have to go buy it! So so so so sad.

When will we just stop the anti-pot madness?

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Maybe the forms they come in, but the chemicals are the same.

Quoting sheymann:

Bath salts and spice are two different drugs.

Quoting oboe_chik:

its illegal here...a dude got so high he was running through traffic on the interstate at like 3 am got hit and killed...they called it bath salts here.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I had never heard of this until I kept reading and read about it being called bath salts. What about the 2 guys that ate 2 other guys faces off on that shit. After hearing that I can't believe anyone would still use it. 

jesistar6910
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM

They are supposed to be labeled "not for human consumption." It's also not supposed to be smoked like a cigarette, and it is sold at gas stations and head shops as an inscense to be used in a burner.**

Idiots who smoke it like a cigarette are asking for it. She made a stupid choice, now she and her family have to live with the consequences.

It sucks that she was able to even buy some of it. The DEA has classified 5 of the chemicals used in these kinds of products as a Schedule I controlled substance making it illegal to buy, sell or possess in any amount. Her parents could sue the gas station for selling it.

**I am not endorsing the use of this product at all. I just believe in using things for what they are intended for - in this case inscense, which was improperly used and has caused this girl and her family such pain.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
They keep changing the chemical make up. As soon as one is outlawed and able to show up on tests. Its changed. Same with bath salts

Quoting sheymann:

Because you can get it in gasstations legally (in some places) and most companies don't test for it but do for other drugs. It's becoming more noticed and places are testing for it more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything synthetic is bad for you. Why the hell wouldn't they just get the real stuff?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

It's been around for years. Some of it has been banned, some of the ingredients have been banned, but it just keeps getting tweaked to skirt the laws. It's marketed as incense and is labeled that it is not for human consumption, which protects the companies producing it. It is crap, it is poison (IMO), and people should stop using it. I'd rather see someone smoking real MJ than this crap. This crap is chemically treated and fucked with, it's not just a plant from the ground dried out like real MJ is. It's not natural like real MJ is. It's destroying people and their bodies.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

how exactly was she able to buy it when you have to be 18?

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Potpourri IS NOT marijuana. Not even synethic marijuana.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN