Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thinking about turning my 5 month old forward facing....

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

After she turns 2 (so in about a year and a half or more from now).   I know the title was a little eye catching; but thats because I want some responses, LOL.  

Anyway she is nowhere near outgrowing her infant car seat yet; but it is a pain to buckle her in properly due to how it works.  I want to get her a new seat but want a convertible one she can be in for a long time instead of getting another infant seat.  She is currently 5.5 months, approx. 25 inches tall, and about 14-15 pounds.   What is the best convertible seat I can get for her? 

Here is my little peanut:

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

the eddie bauer 3 in 1 works awesome for me :)

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Your kid is 5 months old and you're thinking about how you're going to position her car seat when she's 2? I think someone needs to get out of the house more.

sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We moved ds into Graco Snugride 65 at 7 months. He was much happier. He's still RF at 22 months and 30 lbs with plenty of room to grow. 

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Your kid is 5 months old and you're thinking about how you're going to position her car seat when she's 2? I think someone needs to get out of the house more.

LOL, no.  I want to buy her a convertible car seat I can put her in now that will last through toddlerhood.   If I just posted this as need car seat help or something like that might only get a few views and no responses.   Time will tell when I actually turn her.  Be it at one year, 2 year, 3 years, or more.  Although being her size currently I can pretty much guarantee it will be well passed 1 year.

Aeonix
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this
It's a little pricy but we bought ds a Diono Radian RXT. But it will be the only seat he will ever need.its easy to buckle, I love it.
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I also like graco 65...its comfy my girls love thiers..my 4 yr old still rides in hers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 month old is in a Graco My Ride 65 Resa. Rear faces to 40 lbs and harnesses to 65. I like it, and she likes it much more then the infant carrier (though she still hates car rides in general.) She is 26 1/2 in 15.6 lbs. It is big and bulky though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Safety first air.

40lbs rf
65lbs ff

Very good seat. I love it gonna buy sd one soon.
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
4 moms liked this
The graco my size 70 is the tallest convertible on the market. It has a 40lb rf'ing limit and 70lb ff'ing limit.
The graco headwise is available at target now. It's the my size with added side impact protection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)