Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this is a accident?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Poll

Question: Could it be a accident? Highlighted in Red

Options:

Yes, accident

Hell NO accident

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 102

View Results

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Girl-4-on-life-support-Bremerton-man-charged--188932541.html

BREMERTON, Wash. -- Prosecutors have charged a man accused of gravely injuring his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, who is now on life support.

Jason D. Reeser, 34, of Bremerton has been charged with assault of a child in the first-degree in a Jan. 28 incident involving the girl.

According to the statement of probable cause, medics responded to a home in the 3500 block of N. Shorthorn Dr. NW around 2:40 p.m. and found the girl in an "altered level of consciousness."

While being rushed to Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale, the girl suffered from "seizure-like activity, posturing and grinding her teeth," the document said.

Doctors determined the girl was suffering from sub-dermal hematoma. The girl was taken to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma where she underwent emergency surgery.

Doctors at Mary Bridge discovered an acute hematoma on right side of her head and determined the injury, which they feared "was not survivable," would have taken place in the past 24 hours, the statement said. A visible wound was also found on her leg.

When questioned by investigators, Reeser initially said he was unaware of any trauma the girl may have suffered while in his care. He said the girl was napping when he heard noise coming from her bedroom. He went to check on the girl, and found her having a seizure and vomiting, he told detectives.

Reeser later changed his story and admitted there had been an incident.

Reeser told detectives he had grown frustrated while changing the girl. He said he had "pulled too hard” on her leg, and ended up “pulling her entirely off the bed." The move caused the girl to hit her head on the floor, Reeser told police, and "she got that frigging look in her eye" before growing unresponsive.

Reeser had been living with the girl and her mother since September, according to the document. He is being held on $750,000 bail.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I believe he is a child abuser and it was NOT an accident. I'll bet it wasn't the first time he hurt her either...

Bastard.
LynBoz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Even if it was an accident, he should have called 911 the moment it happened.  Why was he pulling her leg that hard to begin with..I vote no, not an accident.  He probably didn't think he would hurt her that severely but he didn't have good intentions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Not an accident thats forgivable. Let him rot in a cell for life.
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

It very well could have been an accident but if you are going to get that frustrated while changing a diaper then you don't deserve to be around said child........PERIOD!!

Polkadotted
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It might not have been what he thought would happen, but it wasn't an accident.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
This makes me sad. My ex has NO patience like this guy obviously. DD goes to him every other weekend. :(
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I dont know if its an accident or not but its sad. I hope and pray that the little girl is ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

while accidents do happen, i know this from experience. My 2nd son fell off the bed and ended up with a fractured skull.  He landed on hardwood floor. 

But with him changing his story like that, no i do not believe it

harehelper
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

If it was an accident, he wouldn't have lied to the police in the first place.

Daya81
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

(why is her bf changing her 4yo?) anyways, not an accident at all. what a scumbag!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN